DEWALT 20v MAX

kanxrus

The Thread, "New For 2011" has become quite saturated with post's so I've decided to create a new topic just for the DEWALT 20v Max, and the European 18v XR.

This Image is now posted on Dewalt's Facebook page, and has been there since the 8th of this month. As such I feel it appropriate to re-post the "leaked" article.

DOG.jpg

Shmizzle.jpg

Here is what we've seen for the pre-launch in Europe.

175x126_DCL105.jpg

A multi-voltage charger, will charge 10.8v, 14.4v, and 18v lithium Batteries. 30-60 minute charge depending on the size of the battery.

142x175_DCL040.jpg

• Latest generation Work Light, using LED Technology & featuring new XR Lithium Ion Technology.
  • Compact, lightweight design with impact resistant housing.
  • Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster LED Bulb
  • producing 110 Lumen output (10,000Hr Life) with a 2 Zone light pattern.
  • Flashlight head pivots more than 90 degrees vertically with ratchet lock.
  • Flashlight includes an integrated hook for hanging & can be used free standing.
  • Belt clip & Magnet compatible.
  • Improved ergonomic design and rubber grip increase comfort.
  • Battery and charger sold separately.

135x175_DCD740C1.jpg

• Powerful 18 Volt right angle drill for drilling and screwdriving applications in confined spaces.
  • Compact lightweight design.
  • Two speed settings with reverse switch.
  • Compact 10mm single sleeve keyless chuck with automatic spindle lock for quick and easy bit change with one hand.
  • Ergonomic handle and rubber overmold to provide ultimate end user comfort.
  • Multi grip trigger provides comfort and convenience by allowing the user to operate the trigger from various positions.
  • High performance fan cooled motor for maximum power and durability.
  • All metal gearing and right angle transmission for efficient power transmission and longer tool life LED with delay for improved visibility.
  • Li-Ion slide pack battery allows for superior insertion and removal.

175x172_DCS380L2.jpg

• Latest generation premium Reciprocating Saw featuring new XR Lithium Ion Technology.
  • Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster.
  • Powerful & Highly Efficeint PM58 DEWALT fan cooled motor with replaceable brushes, delivers fast cutting action up to
  • 2,950 strokes per minute and 28.6 mm stroke length maximising user productivity.
  • High performance reciprocating mechanism and lightweight magnesium gearcase offer the user optimised power to weight ratio.
  • Intelligent variable speed trigger, lock-off switch and electronic motor brake for quick controlled cuts and enhanced work safety.
  • Lever-action keyless blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes.
  • Pivoting adjustable shoe with open top for high stability and blade visibility during a cut.
  • Four-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting and increased versatility.
  • Modular component design for trouble free servicing.
  • Rubber coated grip to reduce surface vibration and user fatigue.
  • Improved ergonomic design.
  • Multi-voltage Charger for use with 18V, 14.4V and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries  

175x156_DCS391L2.jpg

• Latest generation premium Circular Saw featuring new XR Lithium Ion Technology.
  • Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster.
  • Powerful & Highly Efficeint PM58 DEWALT fan cooled motor with replaceable brushes delivers up to 3700 rotation per minute for fast cutting action.
  • Ergonomic handle set with rubber overmold to optimise end user comfort.
  • Extremely durable tool design, including a cast magnesium base for repeatitive, accurate cuts.
  • Intelligent trigger allowing total control over all applications.
  • Keyless bevel angle and depth of cut adjustment with easy to read scale for maximum cordless versatility.
  • Spindle lock for quick and easy blade change.
  • Lock off switch and electronic motor brake for additional control and work safety.
  • Ultra thin kerf 165 mm, 24 tooth carbide-tipped blade allows for efficient run time and fast, smooth cut finish at maximum 55 mm depth of cut.
  • Improved erganomic design and rubber grip increase comfort.
  • Multi-voltage Charger for use with 18V, 14.4V and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries

175x175_DCH213L2.jpg175x175_DCH214L2.jpg

DCH213L2;

• Ideal for drilling anchors and fixing holes into concrete, brick and masonry from 4mm to 20mm.
  • Rotation stop mode for light chiselling in plaster, tiles and render.
  • Impact stop mode for rotary drilling only in wood, ceramic, steel.
  • New 3.0Ah 18 Volt Lithium Ion battery, delivers high performance, long life and maximum runtime.
  • Best in class vibration, 8m/s² reduces user fatigue and maximises operating periods.
  • Bright white LED with delay feature improves visibility and provides flashlight functionality.
  • Electronic motor brake for additional control.

DCH214L2;

• Ideal for drilling anchors and fixing holes into concrete, brick and masonry from 4mm to 20mm.
  • Rotation stop mode for light chiselling in plaster, tiles and render.
  • Impact stop mode for rotary drilling only in wood, ceramic, steel.
  • New 3.0Ah 18 Volt Lithium Ion battery, delivers high performance, long life and maximum runtime.
  • Quick Release SDS-Plus toolholder and 3 jaw chuck supplied for easy switching between hammer / rotary hammer and rotary only applications.
  • Best in class vibration, 8m/s² reduces user fatigue and maximises operating periods.
  • Bright white LED with delay feature improves visibility and provides flashlight functionality.
  • Electronic motor brake for additional control.

174x175_DCF885L2.jpg174x175_DCF885C2.jpg

• Latest generation compact impact driver featuring new XR Lithium Ion technology.
  • Ultra compact, light weight design allows for use in confined spaces.
  • Improved ergonomic design and rubber grip increase comfort.
  • All metal gearing for efficient power transmission and long tool life.
  • Aluminium front housing provides greater heat dispersion increasing motor life.
  • Intelligent trigger allowing total control over all applications.
  • 6.35mm 'drop in' keyless hex driver allows for quick, one handed fitment.
  • Bright white LED with delay feature for improved visibility and flashlight functionality.
  • Steel belt clip and strong magnetic bit holder ensure storage solutions.
  • Multi-voltage charger for use with 18V, 14.4V, and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries
  • Available in Either 1.5ah, or 3.0 ah Kits.

174x175_DCD785L2.jpg174x175_DCD785C2.jpg

• Latest generation 18V XR Li-Ion compact hammer drill/driver featuring NEW XR Li-Ion battery technology.
  • Ultra compact, lightweight design allows use in confined spaces.
  • Two speed all metal transmission for increased runtime and longer tool life.
  • 14 position adjustable torque control for consistent screwdriving into a variety of materials with different screw sizes.
  • Intelligent trigger design allows for total control of application.
  • Compact 13mm single sleeve keyless chuck with automatic spindle lock for quick and easy bit change with one hand.
  • Bright white LED with delay feature for improved visibility and flashlight functionality.
  • Improved ergonomic design and rubber grip improves user comfort.
  • Multi voltage charger for use with 18V, 14.4V and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries.
  • Steel belt clip and tough magnetic bit holder ensures strong storage solutions.
  • Available in 1.5ah, or 3.0ah kits.

174x175_DCD780C2.jpg174x175_DCD780L2.jpg

• Latest generation 18V XR Li-Ion compact drill driver featuring NEW XR Li-Ion battery technology
  • Ultra compact, lightweight design allows use in confined spaces
  • Two speed all metal transmission for increased runtime and longer tool life
  • 14 position adjustable torque control for consistent screwdriving into a variety of materials with different screw sizes
  • Intelligent trigger design allows for total control of applications.
  • Compact 13mm single sleeve keyless chuck with automatic spindle lock for quick and easy bit change with one hand
  • Improved ergonomic design and rubber grip improves user comfort
  • Li-Ion slide pack battery allows for superior insertion and removal
  • Multi voltage charger for use with 18V, 14.4V and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries
  • Steel belt clip and tough magnetic bit holder ensures strong storage solutions
  • Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster
  • Available in 1.5ah, or 3.0ah kits.

174x175_DCD985L2.jpg

• Latest generation XRP featuring NEW XR Li-Ion technology
  • Tough 3 speed all metal transmission for increased runtime and longer tool life
  • 22 position adjustable torque control for optimised precision when screwdriving
  • 13 mm ratcheting keyless chuck with automatic spindle lock for fast bit changes
  • Efficient intelligent trigger allowing total control over all applications
  • Bright white LED with delay feature for improved visibility and flashlight functionality
  • Improved grip design providing greater application control and maximum comfort
  • Steel belt clip and tough magnetic bit holder ensure strong storage solutions
  • Multi voltage charger for use with 18V, 14.4V and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries
  • Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster

175x160_DCK285L2.jpg

• Latest generation 18V XR Li-Ion compact hammer drill/driver featuring NEW XR Li-Ion battery technology.
  • Ultra compact, lightweight design allows use in confined spaces.
  • Two speed all metal transmission for increased runtime and longer tool life.
  • 14 position adjustable torque control for consistent screwdriving into a variety of materials with different screw sizes.
  • Intelligent trigger design allows for total control of application.
  • Compact 13mm single sleeve keyless chuck with automatic spindle lock for quick and easy bit change with one hand.
  • Improved ergonomic design and rubber grip improves user comfort.
  • Multi voltage charger for use with 18V, 14.4V and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries.
  • Steel belt clip and tough magnetic bit holder ensures strong storage solutions.

175x160_DCK290L2.jpg

• Latest generation XRP featuring NEW XR Li-Ion technology.
  • Tough 3 speed all metal transmission for increased runtime and longer tool life.
  • 22 position adjustable torque control for optimised precision when screwdriving.
  • 13 mm ratcheting keyless chuck with automatic spindle lock for fast bit changes.
  • Efficient intelligent trigger allowing total control over all applications.
  • Improved grip design providing greater application control and maximum comfort.
  • Steel belt clip and tough magnetic bit holder ensure strong storage solutions.

175x107_DCK591L3.jpg

• [0]Li-Ion slide pack battery allows for superior insertion and removal.
    [0]Multi voltage charger for use with 18V, 14.4V and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries.
    [0]Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster.

• DCD785 Compact Hammer Drill
  • DCF885 Impact Driver
  • DCS391 Circular Saw
  • DCS380 Reciprocating Saw
  • DCL040 LED Pivot Light
  • 3 x 3.0Ah Li-ion Batteries
  • 60 Min Charger
  • DS150 Tough System Kit Box
  • DS300 Tough System Kit Box

Info courtesy of RayGrahams.com

Very cool!! So, is this still a fall release for these tools, then? I am liking what I see so far- maybe a cordless nailer coming as well? Also, will the motors on these new guys be 4 or 2 pole- obviously frameless motors like current models already for sale? Hard to see, but will impact have similar LED to 12v? :)

I can't speak for the US release, but in Europe it should hit the shelves in about 2 - 3 weeks.

New cordless nailers should be coming. Not sure when. Ask Madtec ;D

What I like is the very comfortable handle/grip similar to the 12v range and the upgrade from 2.0Ah to 3.0Ah batteries.

Very cool!! So, is this still a fall release for these tools, then? I am liking what I see so far- maybe a cordless nailer coming as well? Also, will the motors on these new guys be 4 or 2 pole- obviously frameless motors like current models already for sale? Hard to see, but will impact have similar LED to 12v? :)

All of this is for the Euro-Launch.

I doubt DEWALT will change the motor to a 4pole, DEWALT has alway's been about speed of application with the cordless drills. Hence the 3 speed transmission, and Hi-output, high grade frameless motors. 4pole motors are much slower.

DCF885 Impact Driver

Features:

Latest generation compact impact driver featuring new XR Lithium Ion technology.

Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster.

Ultra compact, light weight design allows for use in confined spaces.

Improved ergonomic design and rubber grip increase comfort.

All metal gearing for efficient power transmission and long tool life.

Aluminium front housing provides greater heat dispersion increasing motor life.

Intelligent trigger allowing total control over all applications.

6.35mm 'drop in' keyless hex driver allows for quick, one handed fitment.

Bright white LED with delay feature for improved visibility and flashlight functionality.

Steel belt clip and strong magnetic bit holder ensure storage solutions.

Multi-voltage charger for use with 18V, 14.4V, and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries

Specifications:

Voltage:.....18 V

Battery Capacity:.....3.0 Ah

Bit Holder:.....1/4" (6.35mm)

Power Output:.....250 Watts

No Load Speed:.....2800 rpm

Impacts per Minute:.....3200 ipm

Max Torque:.....155 Nm

Max. Bolt Diameter:.....M12

Weight:.....1.6 kg

Length:.....141 mm

Height:.....217 mm

DCF885 Impact Driver

Features:

Latest generation compact impact driver featuring new XR Lithium Ion technology.

Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster.

Ultra compact, light weight design allows for use in confined spaces.

Improved ergonomic design and rubber grip increase comfort.

All metal gearing for efficient power transmission and long tool life.

Aluminium front housing provides greater heat dispersion increasing motor life.

Intelligent trigger allowing total control over all applications.

6.35mm 'drop in' keyless hex driver allows for quick, one handed fitment.

Bright white LED with delay feature for improved visibility and flashlight functionality.

Steel belt clip and strong magnetic bit holder ensure storage solutions.

Multi-voltage charger for use with 18V, 14.4V, and 10.8V XR Li-Ion slide pack batteries

Specifications:

Voltage:.....18 V

Battery Capacity:.....3.0 Ah

Bit Holder:.....1/4" (6.35mm)

Power Output:.....250 Watts

No Load Speed:.....2800 rpm

Impacts per Minute:.....3200 ipm

Max Torque:.....155 Nm

Max. Bolt Diameter:.....M12

Weight:.....1.6 kg

Length:.....141 mm

Height:.....217 mm

I listed this above already.

The release in the US will be later this year.  The impact driver does have the 3 LED lights, similar to the 12v MAX.

Just a few weeks ago, then had to send them back.  I have a few "pre-release" kits coming in a couple of weeks though.  If there is more of an "official" launch release by then, I will put some pics up. 

Launch date for the US is mid Sept/Oct, and btw, I had some for a few months now hehe......

Just a few weeks ago, then had to send them back.  I have a few "pre-release" kits coming in a couple of weeks though.  If there is more of an "official" launch release by then, I will put some pics up. 

Launch date for the US is mid Sept/Oct, and btw, I had some for a few months now hehe......

ha ha, nice!  What is your position in the company?

well how about a review?? ;)

From June 1 both the 18v and 14.4v XR line will be available. I just seen the new listings at an online store.

Not everything is on there yet.

This is the DCF835L2 Impact Driver - 14.4v / 3.0Ah

Slagschroevendraaier_DCF835L2.jpg

The DCF835C2 Impact Driver - 14.4v / 1.5Ah

Slagschroevendraaier_DCF835C2.jpg

DCD785L2 Hamerdrill/driver - 18v / 3.0Ah

Klopboor_DCD785L2.jpg

DCD985L2 XRP Hamerdrill/driver - 18v / 3.0Ah

klopboor_DCD985L2K.jpg

I just looked up the price for the Dewalt DCD780C2 18V Li-ion XR Compact Drill Driver 1.5Ah online and it says 477.60 EUR.  Euro = 683.093 USD is this price correct? Is it going to cost that much in the USA?

http://www.raygrahams.com/catalog/shopping_cart.php

No.  Exact pricing has not been released, but it will be competitive.

I've been thinking about what you said with the pricing being competitive and all. If it were $200.00 less than the currant European price it would still be $200.00 more than what it sells for in the USA. And this is for a compact 1.5ah drill/driver kit. How can it be anywhere close to those figures and be competitive. The compact drill/driver kit now sells for $279.00 average price in the USA..

I just looked up the price for the Dewalt DCD780C2 18V Li-ion XR Compact Drill Driver 1.5Ah online and it says 477.60 EUR.  Euro = 683.093 USD is this price correct? Is it going to cost that much in the USA?

http://www.raygrahams.com/catalog/shopping_cart.php

No.  Exact pricing has not been released, but it will be competitive.

I've been thinking about what you said with the pricing being competitive and all. If it were $200.00 less than the currant European price it would still be $200.00 more than what it sells for in the USA. And this is for a compact 1.5ah drill/driver kit. How can it be anywhere close to those figures and be competitive. The compact drill/driver kit now sells for $279.00 average price in the USA..

I can't talk about exact prices yet, but don't even look at the UK prices at all.  I am not sure why they are so expensive over there, but that is not really my concern either.  All I will say is that the prices will be competitive.  Anything beyond that will have to come from someone else, or better yet, we can wait until DeWALT actually officially launches the line.

Archived