M12 Stick Light

mustang347

I've been using the M12 LED Stick light for about a month and this thing is awesome. It's worth every penny. The hook on top is an awesome feature for hands free use. Very bright light.

The only thing would of liked to see on it is some sort of magnet system.

Dan and Eric did a video on it a few months ago and I wanted it ever since.

Definitely recommend this light.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry, but I'm not paying anything extravagant for a fucking light. It will always be the most useless part of a combo kit as far as I'm concerned. It just fluff. Like hex keys and insert bits in a tool set.

• Like 1

The stick light is a bit expensive especially now that dewalt came out with theirs but the m12 led lights are very nice lights. The stick light would have been perfect with a pivoting head and magnet. I agree the oldschool bulb flash lights were blah but the m12 led lights are very nice.

I think for the price, the regular $40 m12 led can't be beat in terms of value

I wouldn't mind buying it but..$$$...it is pretty sweet looking. My M18 work light is kicking strong still and I use it nightly just walking my dog around and although it is big it has been pretty useful. I bought a cheap three legged led lamp at Lowes a couple of years ago that takes almost as many batteries as you want and I've been using to regularly. Great lamp. One day I'll the M12 but it's hard for me to justify it right now :(

I just can't justify spending over 50 bucks on a flashlight. That's the cap for me I know there are guys that collect them like knives, but for me I would rather put that money to a kick ass power tool or hand tool.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind buying it but..$$$...it is pretty sweet looking. My M18 work light is kicking strong still and I use it nightly just walking my dog around and although it is big it has been pretty useful. I bought a cheap three legged led lamp at Lowes a couple of years ago that takes almost as many batteries as you want and I've been using to regularly. Great lamp. One day I'll the M12 but it's hard for me to justify it right now :(

a festool guy complaining about the price of a tool? I'm shocked!
  • Like 2

Go to Menard's and look for this little black LED light, has a clip with a magnet on it so you can mount it to stuff, it's bright as hell and only 4 bucks. We have one on our fridge and I use it quite a bit. Cheap as heck and bright enough to light a room pretty good. Beats the hell out of paying $80 and is probably just as bright, or close enough that you will be happy not spending $80.

a festool guy complaining about the price of a tool? I'm shocked!

Well I figure if I'm going to pay top dollar for quality it sure as heck ain't gonna be for some Chinese made milwaukee flashlight!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Seriously though, I wouldn't pay $175 for the Festool flashlight either. Regopit did a great review of that light and it ain't worth the money but neither is this one unfortunately :(

One day I might break but I like my M18 light just fine and I think the regular M12 LED light is a better deal and it has a magnet!

Every time I think about picking up the stick light, I think about the fact that it's like $80, and then they have the gall to want like $20 additional for the magnet. It just rubs me wrong that they have to stick it to you a second time on it.

That's really shitty no to include the damn magnet come on Milwaukee!!! I'm sure your not taking a loss on a 80 dollar flashlight!!! The other thing is belt clips should be standard too. It's pretty bad then the part you want to get is cheaper than what you for pay in shipping fees!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got the M12 light figuring it would be a easy way to draw down my M12 battery packs.  Ion batteries are best stored at a half charged state.  The light was dull compared to a led light and the magnet was weak.  I tried to attach it to the hood of the car to work on the engine and the magnet would not hold the light on.  If I can't aim the light where I working it's useless to me.  I took it back.  Then got a LED light from Harbor Freight with a stronger magnet and better light for....Free!