M12 Fuel Drill vs Hammer Drill?

DPSElias

I have decided to invest in some M12 stuff, the list I have is M12 Fuel Screw driver, LED light, and Ratchet, but I am having a hard time decided which drill Hammer or no hammer?

I have the DCD985 hammer drill now used it on occasion but I was curious will the M12 Hammer be useful or not work the extra money (think it's only like $10-$20 more)? I don't do much drilling into concrete but moving into new house and I can see some drilling.

I was also thinking of opting out of the drill but it might be useful and with the free bare tool and 4.0 battery think it might be worth it. I am thinking it's better to have than not, but also thinking save my money as I don't really need it.....hate tool purchase dilemma's

I personally think it is worth getting the hammer drill version because like you said its only a little more money but you will  always have that function to fall back on. Instead of always kicking yourself down the road where you wish you just spent the extra 20 bucks for a compact hammer drill.

Yea, I was just at home sick right now so got nothing better to do. Going to try and get out and about to get some work done today. I bought this to dethatch my little patch of lawn http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sun-Joe-Dethatcher-Joe-14-in-11-amp-Electric-Dethatcher-with-Collection-Bag-AJ800E/203308242#customer_reviews I hope it works better than the reviews if not back to Home Depot it goes. My shoulder can handle that kind of raking anymore.

i think that its worth having the function IF it doesn't add too much weight and length to the tool.

my experience drilling masonry with a 'non-rotary' drill is ... avoid if possible. And if you can't avoid, I would think the weight of the 985 would be a small cost of minimising the pain of masonry work with a regular drill.

Conductor562 unfortunately you are too late I already made my purchase :) but I probably will not use it enough to warrant the extra weight (you know what that is?) but I also am picking up the fuel screwdriver so the added weight shouldn't be an issue as I can just use the screwdriver where needed.

I have the Fuel M12 hammer drill. I love it. Use it a lot when running electric in the plants. Mounting 1900 boxes and such with tapcons. My thought is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I'm confident you will be pleased with your purchase.

Clearly there is a Mrs. BK as he knows how the game is played. :lol:

Nah, just a GF, but since I mostly work on her house, she tolerates me and my tool obsession. I'm a champion justifier...

I just have to buy her new shoes once in a while...

This is how I got the OK from the GF, brought her into Home Depot to look at appliances, walked by the Milwaukee M12 display and said hold this, how does it feel? too heavy? think you could use this? she said YES, I was so proud almost shed a tear :) . Now I have some red on the way! Looking forward to this line up, there are many other tools I'll "need" for project around the house :)