Could This Be The Most Gimmicky Power Tool Ever?

DR99

This thing is just like a Lowes level gimmicky holiday hand tool. The dual blade circular saw might be a great tool, but this thing just looks cheap and a waste of money. I think a good recip and blades will be 100x times better than this crazy thing.

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/saws/dualsaw-rs1200-preview/11564/

They had a TV ads for the saw on the Discovery channel, it was obvious they made the regular sawzall look bad and did everything to make theirs look great (it TV after all), to me it a gimmick.

As Conductor562 said, a sawzall is not a precision tool

I have one of the Craaftsman Dual-Cut circular saws, and find it about worthless, the saw kerf is about 3/8", its hard to see where you are cutting, throws hot chips everywhere and jams very easily, one of the worst tools I've ever bought.

They had a TV ads for the saw on the Discovery channel, it was obvious they made the regular sawzall look bad and did everything to make theirs look great (it TV after all), to me it a gimmick.

As Conductor562 said, a sawzall is not a precision tool

I have one of the Craaftsman Dual-Cut circular saws, and find it about worthless, the saw kerf is about 3/8", its had to see where you are cutting, throws hot chips everywhere and jams very easily, one of the worst tools I've ever bought.

I got the same impression from the infomercial I saw as well. They really appeared to be bending over backwards to give the 2 bladed mutant an advantage.

• 1 month later...