Pictues From Work today

Jordan.M

If you guys are interested more in the telecommunications industry this is a great documentary about how things work and the carriers abuse of small companies. And feel free to ask questions I like to answer and have more people understand the infrastructure behind heir phone calls.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/cell-tower-deaths/

When I first started with the utility I was working a high line pole on rt 40. I would say the pole was 90' and I was climbing down and I cut out. I was about 30' up and i hugged the pole big mistake. I slid down the pole the rest of the way and had splinters head to toe. Not a very pleasant feeling. That's when I said screw this I'm transferring. to the gas side

• Like 2

When I first started with the utility I was working a high line pole on rt 40. I would say the pole was 90' and I was climbing down and I cut out. I was about 30' up and i hugged the pole big mistake. I slid down the pole the rest of the way and had splinters head to toe. Not a very pleasant feeling. That's when I said screw this I'm transferring. to the gas side

Working for bge on the gas side?

I hope to eventually get into the linemen field with BGE in the next ten years or so. I really wanna do aerial line work from choppers, that's the ultimate job for me...

http://youtu.be/9Lbmis-VUW0

Are you one of those crazy people that love that rush of adrenaline? That's just insane the whole live wire working from helicopters. I have also seen them live wire work from insulated platforms. I'm with Regiopit on this one even-though  being in the ground and in the dirt all the time with natural gas has to take its tole on your body. It just seems safer to me with explosive gas detectors and all the other meters it just seems safer than being a linesman. After seeing pics and videos of people getting electrocuted and arc flashes anything over 120 scares the crap out of me. I was wondering Regiopit can you still smell natural gas after all these years? I read a story somewhere where some guys cause an explosion working on a live gas line and didn't have a explosive gas detector on them. They mentioned that you lose sensitivity to the smell it if you work in that trade.