Makita RT0701C Compact Router

Conductor562

I've been using a full size Ryobi fixed base router for everything, but find that in many situations when I'm doing a channel or something not on the edge of the piece, it's overly cumbersome.

I've been eyeing this Makita for some time, but finally pulled the trigger today. With the included guide, I think it will be just the ticket.

post-515-0-26151700-1415834300_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-45837600-1415834331_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-43431300-1415834385_thumb.jpg

I do plan to add the plunge base if needed. We'll see how it works out.

• Like 2

3-1/4 hp wow that's a beast man :P

1-1/4 according to Makita's website...

Looks good, Travis. It would be nice if you had one of the Bosch Colts to compare it to. I have access to an old Craftsman fixed base, so when I get around to buying a router, I will probably get one of the compact models. The Boch has caught my eye, but I'm not completely in love with it. (And I can't justify a Festool, Chris, Carrol and NER...)

• Like 2

hows the visibility? looks kinda dark.  ive been wanting one of those kits, should have jumped on that deal a while ago that included the fixed and plunge bases.  

It's really not. It's sitting unrealistically low at the moment. At nomad depth visibility look to be fine. 

both size collets soft start? looks like a nice middle hand sized router please let me know how you like it.....

as much as I know these are under powered I have a dremel trio for real small stuff......

both size collets soft start? looks like a nice middle hand sized router please let me know how you like it.....

as much as I know these are under powered I have a dremel trio for real small stuff......

Yea, both this and the Ridgid I was looking at featured soft start.

I'll report back after I get to use it.