some questions

CD1982

well I have some questions for you  other dewalt users.. 

I work at a local student housing complex and two weeks ago they were broken into..

all of my cordless tools and various hand tools were taken along with the propertys and coworkers..

I had the 18volt stuff  and my fav was  my impact I used it  more than the other cordless tools.. 

im trying to get the company to replace all my things  and I hope it happens..  

so im thinking about making the jump to  the 20volt brushless drill and impact..  

any input on this set  infact im looking at the   DCK281D2 drill and impact kit at lowes..

ill also get  the other cordless items in 20v  light  skillsaw and sawzal  in 20v..  

is it worth the jump  or should I just get all new 18v stuff.   I know I liked the battery life of my 18v stuff never had issues. and that impact  would  do anything I needed it to do...  

i have all the tools you mention, they are great gear. definately don't go back to the 18V XRP stuff.

The only thing you might toss up is switching to Milwaukee or Bosch etc. But if you like Dewalt, what you have proposed is a good idea. Though you'll probably want to grab a 4.0/5.0Ah battery at some point for the circular saw...

• Like 1

well I have some questions for you  other dewalt users.. 

I work at a local student housing complex and two weeks ago they were broken into..

all of my cordless tools and various hand tools were taken along with the propertys and coworkers..

I had the 18volt stuff  and my fav was  my impact I used it  more than the other cordless tools.. 

im trying to get the company to replace all my things  and I hope it happens..  

so im thinking about making the jump to  the 20volt brushless drill and impact..  

any input on this set  infact im looking at the   DCK281D2 drill and impact kit at lowes..

ill also get  the other cordless items in 20v  light  skillsaw and sawzal  in 20v..  

is it worth the jump  or should I just get all new 18v stuff.   I know I liked the battery life of my 18v stuff never had issues. and that impact  would  do anything I needed it to do...  

You don't know what your missing out on Lithium ion is the way to go unless you work every day in -20 Celsius or colder.

You can get better deals on the new generation of tools and the other thing its they have so much better ergonomics, run time, and weight now. Plus Dewalt is going to make 18v xrp batteries but you would get a bunch of the newer tools that they have released like the oscillating multi tool