Well this contractor better make sure he has good insurance!!

DR99

I think it would have been cheaper to shut down the mri. Cost should never outweigh safety. Up in my area the MRI is shared with different hospitals, pts are rolled into a tractor trailer. And then it's off to a new hospital. It's cheaper for small town hospitals. There's a giant outlet out in front of hospital that they plug it into.

• Like 1

In all seriousness, I needed an MRI some time ago and was joking with the tech about swallowing a handful of bolts, and she said that's not funny! I asked why? "Well, I forgot to take a wheelchair out of the room one time and it sucked fast to the unit"! Close to $100,000 to repair that mistake is what she told me.

I think it would have been cheaper to shut down the mri. Cost should never outweigh safety. Up in my area the MRI is shared with different hospitals, pts are rolled into a tractor trailer. And then it's off to a new hospital. It's cheaper for small town hospitals. There's a giant outlet out in front of hospital that they plug it into.

Yea they are pretty common even in big cities. They movie CT and MRI's around all the time. When I had a MRI it was in a tractor trailer unit. The clinics can't afford to have the machine all the time so they movie it around to offset the cost, or its a lease/rental. I have to let them know the next time I have and MRI as I have a chunk of steel in my neck from cervical surgery.