XCU02Z X2 Chainsaw.

M80

• 2 weeks later...

So my overall impression of this machine is pure fascination. It's amazing to think that a battery powered saw is capable of cutting through the stump I had. To paint a picture, the wood stump was a 60 year old burning bush that I loved but became infested with a boring beetle. This chain saw, powered by two 4.0 batteries cut through a ten inch solid wet wood stump with ease. I then put it to work against a forty foot long 8" diameter maple branch that partially came down during a storm while I was in Florida. It was mostly in my elderly neighbors yard but still hanging from the tree. No recharge on the batteries needed. The kick back bar works like a charm and when you watch the video you will see it in action. Thanks!

It seemed to have a lot of torque. It didn't slow down much at all. It is so quiet compared to a gas saw too. We have been clearing out some fencerows getting ready to put up some electric fence and at the end of every day my ears will be ringing.

Torque little thing yeah :)  

All that popping the kick back bar. Was that intentional or did it go off alot when you didnt want it to ?

Not intentional....chainsaws make me nervous so I was wearing some heavy duty winter lined leather gloves. The gloves were so big I barely could fit my my hand in the grip without touching the chain brake bar. Naturally if I readjusted my hands to far forward they hit the brake. Not so irritating as I like having the machine stop so quickly but it was not intentional.

It seemed to have a lot of torque. It didn't slow down much at all. It is so quiet compared to a gas saw too. We have been clearing out some fencerows getting ready to put up some electric fence and at the end of every day my ears will be ringing.

Yup, super torque Nicholas. I was actually quite surprised. Makita has a winner in my opinion with this guy!

• Like 1

As for the XSH03Z saw...

@toolpig on Instagram posted a nice video clip comparing the old brushed model to the new Brushless model here: https://instagram.com/p/1djlb3ux0d/

We set a new permanent price of $179.95 just fyi ;)

Toolppig is awsome!!!!! Hes got the green makita special edition right from japan hes one.of the reasons im addicted to makita now
  • Like 1

Makita isn't a brand I put much stock in previously, but seeing them in action at work and coming to realize the breadth of their product line does instill a tinge of jealousy. I don't need a coffee maker but could use a chainsaw a lot more than I could use a $3000 (Canadian) cordless mag drill kit (though I'm glad it exists for the guys that need it).