XCU02Z X2 Chainsaw.

M80

So, ever since Makita released the X2 Chainsaw XCU02Z (formerly HCU02ZX2) I have been eyeballing it. Everywhere listed it as $369.00. Too expensive, especially considering I already own a gas saw. The other day I was on the HD website and I looked it up and they are selling it for $199.00! Sweet. i ordered it and it shipped today. Should be here by Monday. I can't wait to put it to use. Now I just need to get my hands on a couple 5.0 batteries.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I would like to hear how it is also..   i have been considering it for a while.. i dont use a chain saw all the time on the job but i do use one enough to keep a small gas saw in my work trailer.. i would prefer not to have to keep the saw and the gas in the trailer.. 

For anyone still interested in the same deal M80 got check out http://www.ebay.com/itm/Makita-XCU02Z-36Volt-12-Chain-Saw-NEW-HCU02ZX2-Cordless-18V-x2-Chainsaw-/400881546123?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d5666f38b

I have bought a bunch from this seller and have always been very happy.  He is the go-to for Makita for me and he has a ton of other stuff too. 

To be honest, between the massive amounts of snow we have had up here, and lots of overtime I have worked this winter, I really haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet. I let you know after I give it a good workout. Should be soon with the weather turning.

Thanks John! I'm thinking that might actually be a spring purchase. I'm thinking about maybe trying the Makita brushless circular saw or the 7-1/4 first but that chain saw would be a much needed tool in my little postage stamp part of the world.

Thanks John! I'm thinking that might actually be a spring purchase. I'm thinking about maybe trying the Makita brushless circular saw or the 7-1/4 first but that chain saw would be a much needed tool in my little postage stamp part of the world.

decisions decisions!!!   too many great tools :)         

Same question John, what size batteries are you running? Also how do you like the x2 vs the brushless saw?

I have 9- 3.0ah and 5- 4.0ah right now.. I haven't really found a need to buy any 5.0.. I have several single chargers just got the dual charger and they charge so fast that I've never really been stuck waiting for batteries.. we can go battery crazy all day long and be good.

The xsh01 dual battery 7 1/4 vs xsh03 BL 6 1/2... hummmm. They are both excellent saws and have tons of power.. I don't know if I've used the Xsh03 enough yet to give it an accurate review but initial impressions are great.. the xsh01 has loads of power for a cordless saw and feels great in the hand to use.. the lack of an led and rafter hook ding it a few points in my book.. the Xsh03 feels like it has plenty of power but I really haven't put it through a good stress test yet.. love all the features on the saw. Battery indicator, rafter hook, led, size and weight etc..

since I got the Xsh03 we haven't even taken the xsh01 out of the trailer.. I would say if I could only have one I would go for the Xsh03 BL 6 1/2

Thanks John! Haven't decided on the Milwaukee or the Makita but that Makita looks awesome.

gotta go Makita.. In my opinion they just make really good quality tools..   i have only had one issue with one of my makita cordless tools over the last 7 or 8 years and it was within warranty.. fixed hassle free..   all my original tools from back in like 08 still work great and have had a rough life on the jobsite that entire time..   

plus.. you gonna let that new jigsaw and dual port charger be lonely??  thats just cruel :)

if you want to not ever have to rely on your hypoid then go for the X2  saw     i doubt you would ever touch your hypoid again if you went that route..     if you want light and most conveient 99% of the time then the BL saw is the way to go.. if you ever needed the extra blade capacity or maximum power your just gonna have to drag out the hypoid. 

Hello, I saw I was mentioned in this thread. We have been selling the XCU02Z for $199 for a few months now, you could have gotten it earlier! It's a great tool. I just used it to cut down a few trees behind the warehouse last week. I tried to take a video but it turned out all blurry.

Just to let you know, Makita is releasing a new Brushless 36V (18V x2) Blower, XBU02Z and a new Brushless 36v (18V x2) String Trimmer with 1,200 more RPM than the XRU04Z trimmer next month. I will have them just as soon as the first shipments leave the warehouse.

If you have any questions about Makita tools, let me know! 

• Like 1

Hello, I saw I was mentioned in this thread. We have been selling the XCU02Z for $199 for a few months now, you could have gotten it earlier! It's a great tool. I just used it to cut down a few trees behind the warehouse last week. I tried to take a video but it turned out all blurry.

Just to let you know, Makita is releasing a new Brushless 36V (18V x2) Blower, XBU02Z and a new Brushless 36v (18V x2) String Trimmer with 1,200 more RPM than the XRU04Z trimmer next month. I will have them just as soon as the first shipments leave the warehouse.

If you have any questions about Makita tools, let me know!

Welcome to the forum Bishoptools! Glad your here!