Making Fun of Marketing.

Samuel L.

That is specifically why I spend the time and money to do runtime testing ;)

Funny thing....in my video for the 7-1/4" FUEL, I got the exact same number of cuts through 2x4s that Milwaukee advertised (233).  However, in the video I just made about the Makita 36v.....I got 443 cuts through 2x4s (221.5/battery) & in Makita's own advertising, they are saying it would do 250 (total)......I think they should hire my dad to do their runtime testing from now on!  haha :)

• Like 1

For any of the run time tests they need to be ran multiple times and not like one or 2 I'm talking like 10 with fresh batteries and saw blades every time you do it. That's the scientific method right there. Obvisously people like woodstock cannot attempt that because it would eat up all his time plus how much in materials you turn into useless saw dust and scraps which is a huge waste. I think the better way to think of it was all these tools are amazing and way better than what you could buy as a cordless tool not even that long ago, and if you go back to the 90's the comparison is even worse. We should be glad that for most people the era of dragging out extension cords if gone if you embrace the technology. Table saws and miter saws are the last to see the cordless revolution.

of course these companies are going to present their info in a way that looks best for them.. it isn't right.    they use optimal conditions for their tools testing and likely not so optimal for the other tools.   another thing you have to make sure with cordless tools is that the battery AH is the same across all brands.. that alone can make a huge difference..

I think most companies are guilty. 

this is why it is so important to have guys like Dan and Eric, Javier, Woodstockva and Mike and Dwain (just to mention a few of the most active on this forum)   they give a real unbiased look at these tools and allow us to make educated decisions!!!

For any of the run time tests they need to be ran multiple times and not like one or 2 I'm talking like 10 with fresh batteries and saw blades every time you do it. That's the scientific method right there. Obvisously people like woodstock cannot attempt that because it would eat up all his time plus how much in materials you turn into useless saw dust and scraps which is a huge waste. I think the better way to think of it was all these tools are amazing and way better than what you could buy as a cordless tool not even that long ago, and if you go back to the 90's the comparison is even worse. We should be glad that for most people the era of dragging out extension cords if gone if you embrace the technology. Table saws and miter saws are the last to see the cordless revolution.

I would say miter saws come before riveters in the cordless revolution.

But table saws will be last because if you look at them they are not run on and off they run constantly and they need tons of power and run idle for most of it.