New 2015 Milwaukee hand tools!

Punda1991

http://toolguyd.com/new-milwaukee-pliers-for-2015/

I own the first generation and I have to say they are my go too hand tools. Lineman pliers are awesome once broken in also the dikes are great along with the strippers. These seem to me like they are a higher quality then previous so i can't wait to get my hands on them.

I didn't see it mentioned where these are going to be made... If I buy, it will almost certainly be based on COO. If they are made in PRC, I'll pass. If Tiawan, I might pick up a few. I really like my locking pliers from Big Red...

If I had to guess BK, I think they are made in Taiwan. I really want to give em a try but with the UTB I got this Klein Linemans and those are some really nice pliers. I've been using them in the shop quite a bit. I know they're pricey but.....now to the needle nose ones. I am sure these are great though, I played around with the first batch at HD and they really feel solid.

Honestly I have kliens that I recived from 134 through school, they are the journeymans edition and I liked them they worked great but the Milwaukees had an extra half inch or so to them so cutting leverage was better making it a breeze to cut temp lighting and 8 gauge wire ect plus in a pinch they all had reaming heads on the the strippers were nice due to the needle nose pliers, made easy work of fishing wires through the conduit of it was stuck at the connector that was no issue. Just all around I feel like they were better then my kliens. Plus I didnt have to carry as many tools which saves my shoulder and hip. The only tools that I wasn't sold on we're the adjustable pliers they were okay but I could still get by with my channel locks and they felt lighter in the hand and not as wide.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally picked up the linemans and the adjustable pliers 6" and 10" and everyone will disagree but they feel and look nicer then my kliens. I'm kind of pumped to use them tomorrow to see if they stand up to the everyday job. If they do ill be grabbing the needle nose and the dikes over the weekend!

I picked up the Milwaukee diagonal pliers a few weeks ago, and I can say that they are everything that I expected of them to be. Cutting cable, wire, nails, bolts, pulling nails and staples are a piece of cake tasks for this tool....... And.... there's allways a "but" :) because of the nose designed for nail pulling, i can't use them for precision tasks such as cutting wires in electrical boxes. Anyway I love these pliers. I think I'm going to pick up the 6in1 combination pliers next.

Yeah they are cheaper, but it's not even the price that sold me on these. They are real work horses and get the job done. Plus everyone has klien and it's easy to mix it up on the job site. I just think they are well made and the functionality of them is priceless. But also a good point they are cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...

I just used some of the new Milwaukee snips on a job that we were framing with metal studs, they worked great!

They are awesome, I have had my straight yellows for a while now and they rock. I cut a lot of metal Studs and they keep going strong. I just received the 3-pack in the mail yesterday!

It does come undone pretty easy but I like it WAY better than the lock on the Wiss snips. Those tend to get bent and I would just get rid of them completely

Just noticed your avatar. That's funny! Used to work with a guy from Wisconsin. They're a different breed...