Which M18 Fuel SDS drill would you get

DR99

I want to bite the bullet and get a sds drill. The big 1 1/8" big boy or would you go with the smaller 1"? It's only 50 dollars more for the big one. I might get the M12 fuel down the road possibly so weight isn't a huge concern.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-1-1-8-in-SDS-Plus-Rotary-Hammer-Tool-Only-2715-20/205563079

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-1-in-SDS-Plus-Rotary-Hammer-2712-20/205334546

I would say go with the 1 1/8. That way you will never regret not going bigger.. based off the depot specs the 1 1/8 has almost twice the impact energy of the 1" 3.3 vs 1.7 ft lbs. That's huge.. you might sacrifice a bit of runtime but I'm sure you have enough batteries to keep you working all day

maybe you don't plan on drilling bigger than 1" but the 1 1/8 should drill everything faster and will really shine when you want to do any chipping or tile removal etc.

go big or go home!!

go big or go home!!

agreed! go with the 1 1/8 !

i made the same decision man.

Bosch 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme - 1-Inch - 7.5amp motor - 2.2 ft lbs

or

Bosch RH228VC Bulldog Xtreme Max - 1 1/8 Inch - 8 amp motor - 2.4 ft lbs + Vibration Control!

bought the xtreme max.

my big point was the VC

ok with your 2 choices, there is a big difference in ft lbs.

In my opinion it depends on what you're going to drill? If you are going to buy a large drill, I think you should go with the 1 1/8" model personally. However, if you are just going to drill tapcons in all day, I don't see why the cordless 5/8" wouldn't work. Anyone tried the dust extractor kit?

• Like 1