Video --- Shop Fox W1830 Grizzly G0738 Hanging air filter unboxing and review

NERemodeling

like the title says, this is a review of the Shop Fox W1830/Grizzly G0738  they are identical items

for some reason the focus of the video is a little off at times.. not sure what caused that... im still new at this.   also the plastic noise when i was unwrapping the unit might be a little louder than the rest of the audio so be prepared.. 

all in all i think this is a great unit.   i dont have any real long term usage on this but i did use it a bit today while sanding some drywall and overall i think the air in the room stayed cleaner. hard to tell with such little use though     ill report back when i have more use

you will see that i had some remote control issues in the video.. they have mostly seemed to sort themselves out but ill be keeping an eye on it and might have to contact grizzly for a replacement. 

if you guys have any questions or comments please let me know.. for the price, this is a great unit with nice features. 

if you have the time, head over to youtube and check me out, click like, comment even subscribe if you'd like :)   i cant promise a constant stream of videos but ill do my best to make them often. 

• Like 2

Awesome job John! You beat me to it! I've almost finished wiring up the shop and this'll be going up. Grizzly did you really good dude!!

I got them yesterday and wanted to use them for work today while i was sanding some drywall so i figured why not just grab the camera and shoot a video!   

They really did go above and beyond.. and because of it, with the little remote issues i had, they got a good customer service shout out in the video!

all in all im happy, im looking forward to what your thoughts are in your setup

Great job John, our crew uses a lot of negative air machines while working in occupied apartments while doing demo on plaster columns ( a containment tent is built around the area) they do a great job but are a bit louder than the shop fox. That shop fox looks like a real nice unit...

Great job John, our crew uses a lot of negative air machines while working in occupied apartments while doing demo on plaster columns ( a containment tent is built around the area) they do a great job but are a bit louder than the shop fox. That shop fox looks like a real nice unit...

Yeah, It was much quieter than i expected.. i had it on in a garage today on medium speed and if i was 10 feet away or so and wasn't trying to hear it i would completely forget it was even on!

im sure its not as good quality of a unit as what your using, yours are probably also hepa but for what i need this will do me just fine

• 5 months later...

Finally ordered the custom filters for our unit. Ordered 3 washable filters for around $100. Should last us a long time. They came in about 10 days and are very well made. 14f37360af4a21355d7a236956d49606.jpgeea6e919ecb1aa788b28d2b76e0f7b47.jpg

Thanks Chris for finding this thread for me!

• Like 1