Harbor Freight drywall lift unboxing and review

NERemodeling

latest video, 

I dont usually do a whole lot of drywall but recently i have been taking on some of the drywall work myself instead of subbing it out..    i probably would have subbed out this job but it is out of state and i couldn't get my normal guy to do it..  

with 13-6"' sheets going on a 9'-6" ceiling i thought it would be a good idea to get a lift!

this thing worked like a champ, i know it made the job go a ton faster and there was literally no swearing or straining involved.   that was nice!

enjoy, like it, subscribe, and comment...    im hoping to get back to making some cool videos on a regular basis so stay tuned. 

Thanks Comp! Definitely hard to beat it

Looks like you had to put some effort into furring down your ceiling. I take it the existing joists we're like a wave.. the pic makesure it look like you had to rip each strip to the right thickness to flatten it out. Old house?

oh for sure, house was built 1905ish (110yrs) and yes has a 2 way sang like a bowl.....but has been like that since forever was going to jack it up but after so long it is solid........was pretty easy to find level start in center and worked out towards each corner......thanks to my trusty Milwaukee M18 fuel circ saw ripped what I needed like butter.....

oh for sure, house was built 1905ish (110yrs) and yes has a 2 way sang like a bowl.....but has been like that since forever was going to jack it up but after so long it is solid........was pretty easy to find level start in center and worked out towards each corner......thanks to my trusty Milwaukee M18 fuel circ saw ripped what I needed like butter.....

dont you love how every single rip needs to be different!    it looks like it turned out great

i had to flatten a roof once that not only sagged along the ridge but also each rafter sagged in the middle of their span.. the eve hadn't sagged at all which made matters even more fun,    my scabs had to start fat at the ridge, taper thicker towards the middle of the rafter span and then most tapered all the way back to nothing by the time i was at the eve..    we found the highest rafters (gable ends) then we put 5 tight strings hovering over the entire width of the existing roof framing to show what flat was  and took measurements at each point where a sting passed over the existing rafters   then transferred those measurements to a 2x, connected the dots and then made the cut..    what a nightmare..     i think i have pictures somewhere, ill try to dig them up. 

guys, i realized i forgot to show how the lift wheel extends out away from the mast in the video..   it just puts it in a little better position to crank it up, it can be used either way actually.   

Comps picture shows it and also the picture on the box in the beginning of my video shows it in the extended position

Sounds like my first side job...lost money on that one lol!

Sounds like my first side job...lost money on that one lol!

Losing money on the first few jobs is almost a requirement! I remember some jobs that went pretty bad.. who am I kidding, I still have them, hahaha.. luckily much farther and fewer between though!!