Thoughts on the new Dewalt tools

Patrick Fithian

I just saw the pictures that were posted up on Facebook, and I can't wait until the new Dewalt tools hit the market. As an electrician, I will really find the threaded rod cutter a time saver, and I am glad I held off on purchasing the bandsaw for the 20V system. The new version is looking like it will be worth the wait.  I will say that I am kicking myself for breaking down this weekend and purchasing the Dewalt 12 / 20V job site radio......It's great and all, but having one in the Tough System format would be SO much better.  I'll have to find someone to buy my radio when the Tough System one releases.  The only item I am not real sure of is the bluetooth 20V batteries.  I'm not sure how useful that feature will be, and I'm sure that the addition of Bluetooth is going to drive the price outside of what I can afford. I will reserve my final judgement on these until I've seen them in action.

I just saw the pictures that were posted up on Facebook, and I can't wait until the new Dewalt tools hit the market. As an electrician, I will really find the threaded rod cutter a time saver, and I am glad I held off on purchasing the bandsaw for the 20V system. The new version is looking like it will be worth the wait.  I will say that I am kicking myself for breaking down this weekend and purchasing the Dewalt 12 / 20V job site radio......It's great and all, but having one in the Tough System format would be SO much better.  I'll have to find someone to buy my radio when the Tough System one releases.  The only item I am not real sure of is the bluetooth 20V batteries.  I'm not sure how useful that feature will be, and I'm sure that the addition of Bluetooth is going to drive the price outside of what I can afford. I will reserve my final judgement on these until I've seen them in action.

I just bought the Bandsaw.....coming today. I think I will be returning it because the new one looks like a beast.

The Bluetooth batteries can be cool if they have actual information i.e. number of charges cycles, or even  on it I can see it being useful for a DIYer like myself so I can see what battery I should be using, but a contractor I think would be cycling through there batteries pretty consistently.

The tough radio seems cool, but I don't have any Tough systems. I am interested on what else is coming down the river.

I only got a Facebook account because I thought I needed one to create an account on this forum, and the only "friend" I have is my Wife, lol. 

Wish I could see all the new DeWalt tools as well. Does anyone know if they have any brushless saws in the works? I'm thinking about going Milwaukee FUEL unless DeWalt comes out with something cool.

Nalu I was gonna do the same thing but I use my wife's account man and I hate that when I leave comments on the T.I.A FB it looks like my wife is all over Dan and Eric LOL!! And Im with U Nalurash I really hope they come out with a brushless circular saw full size and a brushless grinder and sawzall those would be great!!

• Like 1

really like them and glad to see that they are working hard on the 20volt lineup. i think the bluetooth batteries will be perfect for the grab and go contractor, where when u need ur drill it has to have a full battery and also not pulling out all ur batteries to check the charge, but even then i'm not really sure what to think about it.

Because this even was more for media only!! They are allowed to post about new tools, but Dewalt will probably announce them closer to the actual release date on their own social media accounts. Some of the tools they showed are going to be released next year. I have to say I was surprised that the motors were made here. I though that the plant was only for final assembly. I was also surprised to see 18v tools still being made