My 4 year old som

torontotoolman

Lol so my wife asked my 4 year old son what he wants to get me for fathers day and he go " lets get daddy the chainsaw he wants its the makita one mommy" my wife goes "i think thats a little expensive" and he goes "thats okay mommy daddy like expensive tools" lol what a guy ehh my son knows whats good hahhah like father like son...... i know this is random but its awsome how much my son knows and loves tools just like me and its great to be able to teach and pass down tool and knowledge to him

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Toronto it's a beutiful thing man I didn't have a father growing up except for my gramps who taught me lots and keeps teachng me till this day, I have 3boys and a lil princess who know that daddy loves his Dewalt and milwaukee tools plus I've been teaching them about mechanic tools lately it's cool that they ask a lot of questions about them I want them to so that they know to buy the best always and not start off like me buying cheapo throwaway tools almost everything I have now I know will last me more than a few years. My wife also has to ask my boys which tools to buy daddy and they haven't been wrong yet :) it's feels awesome that my kids think daddy can fix anything. When we drive by a accident my littlest always says daddy U can fix that HUH daddy I look at him with a smile and say yup I sure can.

• Like 1

Toronto it's a beutiful thing man I didn't have a father growing up except for my gramps who taught me lots and keeps teachng me till this day, I have 3boys and a lil princess who know that daddy loves his Dewalt and milwaukee tools plus I've been teaching them about mechanic tools lately it's cool that they ask a lot of questions about them I want them to so that they know to buy the best always and not start off like me buying cheapo throwaway tools almost everything I have now I know will last me more than a few years. My wife also has to ask my boys which tools to buy daddy and they haven't been wrong yet :) it's feels awesome that my kids think daddy can fix anything. When we drive by a accident my littlest always says daddy U can fix that HUH daddy I look at him with a smile and say yup I sure can.

Ya i have a son and 9 month old daughter and my son wants to be just like me he thinks i can build anything and im the coolest most."manlyest" man alive and its awsome every time we drive by a construction site or a job site he says thats his work.lol.

• Like 1

That's awesome Toronto! I used to feel the same way about my father as a kid, he was carpenter. It must be the coolest feeling to have a son that adores you and wants to be just like you. I hope in a few years my one year old will feel the same

That's awesome Toronto! I used to feel the same way about my father as a kid, he was carpenter. It must be the coolest feeling to have a son that adores you and wants to be just like you. I hope in a few years my one year old will feel the same

Oh im sure he will man its awsome teaching them.things and watching them.become a little version of yourself its a great feeling

I though the danger of a chainsaw would have been an issue over cost :) Maybe some wife's are just not worried about their husbands :)

My wife is always nervous with me working at the house. If she knew half of the stuff I have done and still do on the jobsite she would faint.

And Toronto that's awesome brother! My little guy is the same way. He is going on 6 later this year. He is to the point where he wants his hands on every project I do and I don't mind at all. If I go for my boots it's "are we going to the garage!"

• Like 1

My wife is always nervous with me working at the house. If she knew half of the stuff I have done and still do on the jobsite she would faint.

And Toronto that's awesome brother! My little guy is the same way. He is going on 6 later this year. He is to the point where he wants his hands on every project I do and I don't mind at all. If I go for my boots it's "are we going to the garage!"

My wife not so much she knows i know what im doing the only time she gets nervious is when im shooting my nail gun and my hands is holding the stud but she knows this is what i do and shit happens lol if i get hurt im a man i can deal as long as my son dosent get hurt were good but i dont let him touch my nail gun jusy my drill il.let him hold

I though the danger of a chainsaw would have been an issue over cost :) Maybe some wife's are just not worried about their husbands :)

You mean like the time I passed out from heat and slid off my roof I was putting on. When I came to the first thing she said was " what is the combination to the liquor cabinet. It's a holiday weekend and we are having a party"   

• Like 3

Awesome son :D hahaha!

What type of chainsaw hou looking for ? :)

Prob the 36v the one chrisk got once i seen that i was like i want one!!!! But thats deffinatly not what il be getting lol il end up with some HD gift cards witch im.not mad at.... at all but i will be getting that chainsaw down the road

Thats awesome man,my kids love to help out too. My 7 yo is pretty good with tools so far. Even my daughter who just turned 5 likes to help. There is a pretty cool tool set made by Grip on Amazon,they are kid sized,im looking into getting it for my kids so they have their own little tool bag.

Thats awesome man,my kids love to help out too. My 7 yo is pretty good with tools so far. Even my daughter who just turned 5 likes to help. There is a pretty cool tool set made by Grip on Amazon,they are kid sized,im looking into getting it for my kids so they have their own little tool bag.

Ya my.son loves helping out and building stuff most of the time il get.him.to move wood teach him the ropes well hes young so when he gets on a real job site he will know how it goes and wont act like a little girl when he has to move.wood all day haha and were do you get those tools for kids?

Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Grip-96009-Childrens-Tool-Kit/dp/B001AIU2UO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433947564&sr=8-1&keywords=grip+kids+tools

There is a set for boys that are blue and one for girls thats pink. They look like they have nice handles and such.

Thanks for the link i actually think i seen something like this at lowes like a kids set

• Like 1

Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Grip-96009-Childrens-Tool-Kit/dp/B001AIU2UO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433947564&sr=8-1&keywords=grip+kids+tools

There is a set for boys that are blue and one for girls thats pink.  They look like they have nice handles and such.

Thanks for the link Fazzman! This would make some great birthday and christmas gifts for my nephew's

• Like 1

That's a great story. My daughter (she's 3 now) still reminds me that I don't need any more tools every time we wander into the tool aisle. In the other hand, she's fascinated by my tool box and always pulling out hand tools to ask what they do. We got her a wooden tool set with wooden bolts and tools for her 3rd birthday that she loves. I figure that'll tide her over until she starts using the real things.

• Like 2