Chat about Periscope

RickyMcGrath

I can't wait to see todays periscope where Dan takes us on a trip out to see on a boat, should be fun! The thing that I like about periscope is that it allows us to hang out with dan as if we were right there with him, I even love all the parts he broadcasts when hes in the truck! Hopefully he does more of thos as well. I really like the fact that Dan cares enough about his crew to do these, which is why I finally created an account on twitter. I figure if Dan is going to put so much time and effort into making these periscopes, I can at the very least go through the inconvenience of registering a twitter account. This way I don't miss out on any important action hehe.

I did miss last nights broadcast though, I just dont know about the half of these that are done. But I did view a little bit of them on his twitter feed and looks like his screwed up the cnc machine and then fixed it, then he tried to game later on his upstairs tv, then that didnt work for him either when he could not connect to the net lol. i was so freaking tired last night i said the hell with it and went to bed. lol

Great points, my favorite part is being able to interact with him and whatever is going on. Unlike Youtube, where its just a show.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Its almost 2 here and still no periscope, getting worried that we are not going on a boat adventure with Dan today :(

Yup buddy, I like Periscope too. I heard that there are other cool people doing Periscope but Dan is the only one I watch. I missed out on yesterday's stream, hopefully I'll catch it today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You and bigmikez are my best buds on here, and we both like Dan, so what does that make us? A couple of goofballs just like Dan lol. I get such a kick out of the guy, hes pretty funny, and aweomse too! I even told him how much I love his pickup truck cause its just totally sick if you know what I mean :D

I love his 2015 F-150 its so nice I want to get rid of my 2009 but don't want to start with monthly payment again..lol

OK somethings wrong here, the live feed was only a short time ago and the recap video is unavailable as if Dan deleted it. So looks like I won't be seeing that video afterall dang it. At least I won't miss tonights cnc video, I told Dan I would be there. And I love it when it keeps on shooting after so we can hang out and chat and stuff

Yea its unavailable for me too :/ Is there a set time for tonight's video??

You know guys, I am totally out of video ideas already cause I don't know what the heck you guys want to see. I mean I shot a lot of video on my workshop so I just don't have anymore ideas lol

I think a video of the Craftsman doin 20 mph down the street would be great!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I end up streaming a lot of them while I work at my desk and just listen.

Lol I do the exact same thing. I've even streamed Periscope while driving home in traffic, listening to a damn CNC cutting plywood the entire way home lol

Lol I do the exact same thing. I've even streamed Periscope while driving home in traffic, listening to a damn CNC cutting plywood the entire way home lol

I never would have thought I would just sit and watch a router carve out a sign and be so mesmerized. I think I'm losing my mind!

• Like 2

I have only caught the periscope feed once and really enjoyed watching. I hope to catch it again soon. It would be nice if there was a regular, like weekly or bi weekly set time and date where Dan might do a live feed. Even if it was just like a Q&A kind of thing. Obviously that is something that they would have to fit into their schedule and decide if it was really worth it or not. I will say though I think it is pretty amazing where we are today with the Google+ and Periscope live feeds.

I have only caught the periscope feed once and really enjoyed watching. I hope to catch it again soon. It would be nice if there was a regular, like weekly or bi weekly set time and date where Dan might do a live feed. Even if it was just like a Q&A kind of thing. Obviously that is something that they would have to fit into their schedule and decide if it was really worth it or not. I will say though I think it is pretty amazing where we are today with the Google+ and Periscope live feeds.

That would be cool, Google+ had a lot of problems in the beginning but they fixed everything now. I don't know what happened to today's video on YouTube I guess every rock star needs a break every now and then..lol

I honestly believe that with all of these guys and gals who are doing the YouTube channels and have an audience, if they have a a live feed where they can ask questions or just talk to the person on occasion it adds a lot. That's something that you can't really do with a lot of your television shows. YouTube channels can truly be in touch with their audience and know exactly what it is that their fans want to see and are not interested in seeing.

At the same time I think they still need to take a lot of risk to stay relevant. I brought up in another thread Woodstockva from Real Tool Reviews, I think he really stepped out of the box when he reviewed a Black & Decker 3/8" drill. To me that's fantastic because it opens his channel up to an all new audience. Not everyone either can afford or is willing to spend the money on DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita, etc. Some people just want to know how the B&D, Stanely, Skil, etc. products are. When you can bring into your community another sect of society and make them feel at home that goes along way to your long term success.

• Like 1