Chat about Periscope

RickyMcGrath

I never signed up for twitter and I can type on there. Could you see what I was typing the other day mike?

I'm sorry chad but u don't remember:/ but when I first started I thought Dan was Ignoring me LOL!! I was like wth!! Then it asked me to sighn up through Twitter u did it and finally it worked next time Ille be watching out for u chad.

I still don't see the allure.  I can see how it could be a new ballgame with media rights and all, but as a way to connect, I don't get it yet.  

I understand where you are coming from with that. Than again I'm the same guy that doesn't really see the allure of Facebook, only reason I have an account is for work (I get emergency alerts). I guess for Facebook though, I have been able to reconnect with people that I have not seen in years. Now Twitter, I find that to be a complete waste of bandwidth.

The one good thing about social media are the people who hide behind it. I love getting face to face with social media/ e-mail and phone gangsters.

Yeah I don't think it's for everyone. I've got a twitter and a Facebook but I don't really know how or why I use it. if i had a business, then I could see the appeal in getting your product known. Periscope is alright with me. I get the alert I my phone when it goes live. I'm at a desk all day so it's easy for me to watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

is this an app for your phone or can this be on desktop computer?

There is an app and a desktop site. My understanding is the desktop site doesn't give fulfill functionality. Dan and Eric discuss the number of participants a lot and we usually have 10-20 mobile followers that interact but then they talk about how their reports show 100+ on previous broadcasts.

Alright, I must be getting old or something. I downloaded Periscope and was messing around with it and was kind of like wow, this is really awesome. So I told my brother and a few of my friends and they kind of looked at me like I was 2 years late to the party or something. Heck I was kind of proud of myself, thought I had something kind of hip and new going on, haha.

I guess the receding hair line should have been a sign.

Jees, I thought by visiting this old thread that it would contain some link or something to TIA periscope. I signed up with a Twitter account today and I got 0 clue on how to get to TIA periscope or anything. I've already missed far too many TIA live braudcasts, I don't want to miss anymore cause it seems really cool.

Have you figured it out yet? You have to add TIA in your periscope app. You will get a notification when they go live.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thankyou Kruton! My problem is that I didn't even realize that the dam thing was an app! I thought Periscope was a site component of Twitter, and that I launched it from there. I learned to add Tools In Action to my Twitter account. And then I started up my android tablet and downloaded the periscope app and launched it, logged into my twitter, and made sure I was following TIA on my periscope app. According to the app settings, I should get notifications when TIA goes online, and when they start braudcasting. But do I have to have the Periscope app open in order to receive those notifications, or will it notify me even when the app is closed?

I know on my phone which is an android OS the app does not need to be open to receive notifications. Not sure on the tablets man.

Its really cool that we can watch live, I don't think anybody cares more about there fans then Dan and Eric do. They dedicate so much time to us poor Dan was on periscope during the Milwaukee event instead of having fun with everyone else. My devices do not support the app I'm watching you guys but I can't comment :/

• Like 2

Its really cool that we can watch live, I don't think anybody cares more about there fans then Dan and Eric do. They dedicate so much time to us poor Dan was on periscope during the Milwaukee event instead of having fun with everyone else. My devices do not support the app I'm watching you guys but I can't comment :/

I couldn't agree more, they are definitely all about the fans. That's why I ordered some of their gear to help spread the word baby!

• Like 2

Its really more about the people the tools are just a bonus, I think they should have some temporary tattoos for sale or is that going to far? ;D

Temporary? Bring on the real tattoos! TIA until I'm DOA!

Just watched perisocope today until the dam thing glitched out for good then there was no more live feed after that. This was my first time on periscope with dan and I had a great tieme. I chose the right day to join as well cause I witnissed something very interesting and thats all I will say on the matter. But it was good fun and hey got to see how good dans truck was lol. And I saw some tools in action related stuff that was great. And pat the mechanic is the most interesting person in the world, I love his stories!

Great to see you joined in on the action...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk