m12 Heated jacket

Bmill25

Im a mason by trade and I've been looking at the m12 heated jackets. I don't generally work when it's under 25 degrees and cloudy, so I'm always interested in how to stay warm and not feel like I'm wearing a parka. What would be great is if I could wear fewer layers with the heated jacket and not have my movement restricted as much as I normally do. Can anyone give me their honest opinions the jacket, sweatshirt or whatever they own? Thanks.

I have a hoodie as does my wife we both like them very much.......I like the way the hoodie fits better than a jacket......one of them is in my avatar........the dog stole it.....lol

actually she just turned 16 last month not much hopping around for her but our new puppy is full of shit and vinegar....btw never any of my dogs eat human food.......

I own three heated hoodies and plan on buying the vest when it's released. It makes a great base layer, and works well for three seasons. Winter I wear a Carharrt jacket over a sweater. Fall and spring they are good on their own, or with a windbreaker if it's breezy (the wind steals the heat quickly).

I would definitely recommend the 2.0 M12 packs for a bit of extra runtime. The 4.0 is too awkward a shape. If you get the jacket you can use M18 packs, but they are far too bulky for the sweaters, even the compacts (and now I have a USB charger for my m18s as well due to this failed experiment).

Regardless of what you choose, buy a size smaller than normal, too baggy of a fit and you'll feel no effects. The elements need to be against your skin to be effective.

I actually had that same one, I rarely use it anymore, but it was pretty good. It kept me hella warm during outdoor installations in the winter. Its a nice jacket, but it kinda restricts movement and is a bit bulky. If you looking for functionality and not too much full on fashion, then yea this is the thing to use.

-Kyle

I'm glad I don't have to spend money on heated jackets, I think the coldest it got here this winter was 40 degrees and that was only for one night.

Hehe, while I really like the idea of never worrying of the cold, the scorching sun at full summer is just to much for me. And It's easier to heat yourself than cool yourself.

Had one (of perhaps 14-20 days a year) of theese hot days yesterday, where the temperature rised up to 77 degrees fahrenhet (25 C), and man, any hotter and it would be unberable working in the sun. XD Even a sunscreen 20 didn't hinder getting me a red glowing back. :P

Anyways, warm summerdays should not be spent doing anything than drinking ice cold beer and Mohito's, and grilling! :D

But when it's cold, you work faster. :D Wonder if a heated jacket could hold the body warm for an hour or so (not dropping the core temperature of more than a degree) in -5 to -15 degrees farenheit (-20 to -26 C), if you work quick? hmmm.... Or if you could have a thin jacket over the heated jacket if I went outside for any longer. 

A normal gel-coat/thin jacket could maby do half an hour or so in the blistering cold for me. Good thing I live close to the fjords, and not some miles innland, where it drops down to -40 to -49 fahrenheit (-30 to -45 celsius). That shits insane.

• Like 1

Hehe, while I really like the idea of never worrying of the cold, the scorching sun at full summer is just to much for me. And It's easier to heat yourself than cool yourself.

Had one (of perhaps 14-20 days a year) of theese hot days yesterday, where the temperature rised up to 77 degrees fahrenhet (25 C), and man, any hotter and it would be unberable working in the sun. XD Even a sunscreen 20 didn't hinder getting me a red glowing back. :P

Anyways, warm summerdays should not be spent doing anything than drinking ice cold beer and Mohito's, and grilling! :D

But when it's cold, you work faster. :D Wonder if a heated jacket could hold the body warm for an hour or so (not dropping the core temperature of more than a degree) in -5 to -15 degrees farenheit (-20 to -26 C), if you work quick? hmmm.... Or if you could have a thin jacket over the heated jacket if I went outside for any longer. 

A normal gel-coat/thin jacket could maby do half an hour or so in the blistering cold for me. Good thing I live close to the fjords, and not some miles innland, where it drops down to -40 to -49 fahrenheit (-30 to -45 celsius). That shits insane.

Ohh my I wish it was 77 degrees here its about 100 degrees here everyday this summer with 80 percent humidity it sucks. I work everyday in the sun fixing peoples ac this is the only time they break when it hot outside never when its a cool day :/ It hurts to blink my eyes the sunburn is so bad, I'm use to the heat but this summer is bad. I hear you on the beer!!

Got around to dropping one of my heated sweaters off for warranty today at the service centre. Pretty cool little shop, lots of refurb tools for sale too. Staff seemed courteous as well. As long as my sweater comes back functional it will be a home run haha.