Your dream shop

Kenny Creeden

ive always been interested in the "dream shop" of people. I mean I don't think there is a perfect way to set it up. however my shop would definitely have an open area at least 16x16 for assembly since I enjoy building sheds and stuff. however there isn't always room for that stuff so I would have a full size table saw with a mitre station and a router station, a nice open area to plan 12' boards. a lumber rack would come in handy however im not sure what else id need yet because I know I wont have the time, money or space to set one up. I do a lot more on-site work anyhow so my dream shop might end up being a work trailer maybe a 7x14 tandem axle bumper pull? with some ideas from Ron Paulk and his mobile set ups he has videos of on youtube. I look forward to seeing the plans of yours first and then pictures of the process if you can.

good luck and may the shop become a better reality than the dream.

My dream shop would kinda be if Jesse James' shop and Norm Abrams shop had a baby.

You could not have described the ultimate shop any better. I hope their shops have twins so I can have one too!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My shop would end up being in my garage... when i finally get a house of my own with a garage and if no garage id build one lol but any way since i dont no anything about mechanics there will be a small section for car/truck related items/tools and the rest will be for my tools il have a nice work bench and probably the milwaukee tool chest a table saw and a miter saw a place to store lumber and just a mass amount of tools hahah but also i want a work van witch will be like my rolling shop or as chewie said i nice sized trailor

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind a huge pole barn talking massive like a big airplane hanger with a small living area. I probably won't have a lady friend with a place like this anyways, and every wood working, metal working, and mechanics tool I could even think of. Plus some kind of kid/robot to clean up after me :) This is a total if a won the big lottery setup though. I don't need a big fancy house I need a big fancy shop!!

• Like 1

I want some where nice warm and clean, but I don't need a 6k sq foot mini mansion to live in. I never got the point of those they are just huge expensive I'm better than you contests. 1/2 the time the people that own one are one pay check from losing it, or can't afford to heat/cool and maintain it. I would be happy with 2k to 2.5k feet of living space.

I want some where nice warm and clean, but I don't need a 6k sq foot mini mansion to live in. I never got the point of those they are just huge expensive I'm better than you contests. 1/2 the time the people that own one are one pay check from losing it, or can't afford to heat/cool and maintain it. I would be happy with 2k to 2.5k feet of living space.

I often wonder how some people can afford the property taxes and utilities on some of these places let alone the payments. When I say pole barn mansion around home that's usually about a 30 X 30 pole barn thrown up with a really small area to live and the rest is shop. There are several younger guys around home starting to do that now. Some of my friends have them and we call them pole barn mansions. Kind of tongue in cheek I guess, but they are awesome bachelor shacks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well said DR99, I agree 100% I do not need a fancy house, I need a fancy shop! Houses are for woman, shops are for men, we like to sleep in our man caves, AKA shops, woman can enjoy their fancy little shampoos and shoes, and ellegant room designed with that shower massager they love so much. Give me some tools, the smell of a shop, and I am in heaven. Who's with me? :)

(Hand Raised) I'm with you brother. <---for some reason I had Macho Man Randy Savage's voice in my head lol

• Like 1