Which Saw Should I Buy

ofektal8

I happen to have a fuel 6-1/2" and am really happy with it.... cutting performance, run time with a XC or 4.0ah weight, and especially line of sight.....

I would get the Ryobi 6 1/2 better blade selection

That's exactly what I was going to say.  The 5 1/2" came with the kit I got.  When I went to go get a 100 tooth blade for it, my local Home Depot had a good selection of blades for the 6 1/2" and 7 1/2" saws, but only had 1 option for a 100 tooth blade for the 5 1/2"...had I wanted a different brand, I guess I would've been out of luck.

sorry didn't see it was a topic under Ryobi, thought it was a circular saw question in general........but ya the bigger blade is better for availability and for cutting 

And I also agree a 6 and 1/2 saw is the way to go, more power, easier to find blades. Lasers are for beginners who dont know how to follow a straight pencil line. :P

I think lasers are actually a great benefit for sawing. My Kapex is NOT a beginners saw and I have two of them on that. Some people like having that definitive red line especially when the saw might not have a blower and that thin pencil line is obscured by sawdust. My corded Skilsaw Sidewinder doesn't have laser and it's a pro grade saw but they solve the sawdust problem with a great blower that pushes the saw dust out of your line of site and a great port for getting rid of the saw dust in the rear. No doubt though, having a positive line to follow isn't a bad thing either and when a blower or DC isn't available, I wouldn't mind having something to follow.

I agree with you Chris, when I have my mitre saw outside the laser is pretty much useless but when I'm in my shop it works great. none of my tools are beginner grade, does it make you a better craftsman? no..... only you can do that but it does come in handy.....should you rely on it .....no .....but it does provide a fairly good guide.....