Back/neck pain??

Maxwell Tyler Ray

Sometimes the nature of the work we all like to get involved in can leave us with a bit of fatigue in the back):

Ill only be 25 this year and I'm sure some of y'all older fellas are laughing saying I don't even have a back yet haha

But from about 12yrs old to 19 I raced BMX up and down the east coast and in the process wrecked my back & neck..first chiropractic appt. I went to the dr. said I have the back of a 45yr old and I was only 20 or so at the time

The chiropractor help but was always short lived relief..I was constantly dealing with a throbbing back and sometimes neck

Until I got a body inversion table!! (Teeter hang ups)

Got a like new one off craigslist for 150$ or so and let me tell you my quality of life has drastically increased!!

Took about a year or so of regular use and that constant pain is gone and now I hardly have a achy back unless I work a long 10+ hr day and even on those days I'd get in my teeter for about 15 mins and the relief is instantaneous!!!

I will admit it took some commitment in the beginning to get back to where it didn't hurt everyday but it eventually came around..also I stopped the chiropractor about 3 month before the teeter so I can give all the credit of my spinal health to this little thing that allows me to hang upside down like a bat!!

I'd highly recommend one of these to anyone from severe pain/injury to the ones how may get a slight tightness after a work day!!

I encourage anyone interested to look up some information videos and check it out(if of course you have t already seen them advertised on late night tv cause your back pain kept you awake haha)

I'm sorry to hear how things went with ur ol man..most back surgeries are only about 50/50!!

But I'm decent deal against modern medicine..not completely but I don't believe in the modern idea of take a pill for everything!!

As Americans were lazy and want everything right now..but it hardly works like that!!

So that's why I was suggesting what has worked wonders for me and best of all its natural!!

I was in a car accident where I got a herniated disk in my neck. I had all sorts of things from physical therapy to shots, but eventually had surgery to replace the disk. It's better now but its not back to normal either. If I sleep wrong or bad its not going to be good times in the morning.

The back is no joke fellas and it takes just one lil wrong turn or twist and ur on the shelf for a couple weeks I've worked in roofing for awhile when I was 18 yrs old then got into custodial then the body paint shop I'm at now in the nights and my morning job i work for a university college as a storekeeper receiving all food and dry/frozen products some days I receive 3-10,000$ in food and 3000-5000$ Pepsi orders, my back kills me at the end of the week. My lil brother is 2yrs younger than me and is in a wheel chair he weighs about 160-180pnds an last year I took him to a wrestling event I still remember the date lol i lifte him into my truck no prob and then went to put his fold up wheel chair in the back of my truck I folded it up then bent over to pick it up and BAM!! I felt a lil pop right above my ass I had never felt that b4 so I went to the 4hr event still and by the end I couldn't even drive home my back was killing me I was out for about a month for lifting a 40-60 pnd fold up wheel chair I was pissed! So always take care of the back guys u don't know how important it is till u can't even Sit lay or walk right.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info on the inversion bed. When I was a young man working rescue, I was pulling a pregnant lady out of her car after a serious crash. I was 22 at the time and had bent over to help her lay down on the gurney and felt a pop in my pelvis. Femur head came out of the socket! . Now I'll be 45 in a few weeks and when that thing goes, watch out. Happens several times a year. My back has been injured since the same time when I was coming home from work I was rear ended by an 18 wheeler. Was coming back from a 24 hour tour at work and was about 30 minutes from home. Back and neck problems ever since. When I finish up my basement shop and post the newest pictures you'll see all of the dense mats on the ground and they're there for a reason. Back problems suck guys.

• 6 years later...
On 7/11/2015 at 9:20 AM, Bigmikez said:

The back is no joke fellas and it takes just one lil wrong turn or twist and ur on the shelf for a couple weeks I've worked in roofing for awhile when I was 18 yrs old then got into custodial then the body paint shop I'm at now in the nights and my morning job i work for a university college as a storekeeper receiving all food and dry/frozen products some days I receive 3-10,000$ in food and 3000-5000$ Pepsi orders, my back kills me at the end of the week. My lil brother is 2yrs younger than me and is in a wheel chair he weighs about 160-180pnds an last year I took him to a wrestling event I still remember the date lol i lifte him into my truck no prob and then went to put his fold up wheel chair in the back of my truck I folded it up then bent over to pick it up and BAM!! I felt a lil pop right above my ass I had never felt that b4 so I went to the 4hr event still and by the end I couldn't even drive home my back was killing me I was out for about a month for lifting a 40-60 pnd fold up wheel chair I was pissed! So always take care of the back guys u don't know how important it is till u can't even Sit lay or walk right.

I've had back problems since I was a kid. I worked in a warehouse and carried heavy objects all the time. Now I'm 26 years old, but I get back treatments every year... It's horrible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm suffering from lower back pain from time to time. Especially after hard workday. I don't pay much attention to it. I just grab another ibuprofen and that's it. I know I need to take care of myself, do exercises, cause as it is stated on the Canadian pharmacy site, meds have their side effect as well. I also remember how my father struggled with back pain issues when I was a child. So I don't want to have the same trouble. Back is no joke, agree. However, I just don't know where to start and what's right for my back. Your idea with inversion table sounds sane. Thanks for sharing.

• 4 months later...

This is all mostly because we work like a machine, human nature requires rest when it feels tired, but if you don't work for yourself it is impossible basically. I remember I was watching a program and a biology professor from Turkey was saying that in general human does not need to get retired if they are not pushed to work like a machine and they can work until the last day of their life. 

I have a back condition that is pretty bad. And the surgery to fix it is a 50/50 proposition as to whether I’ll get better or worse.

The best thing I’ve gotten to help so far is my adjustable bed. Talk about a life saver for someone who can’t sleep flat at all.

28 minutes ago, fyrfytr998 said:

I have a back condition that is pretty bad. And the surgery to fix it is a 50/50 proposition as to whether I’ll get better or worse.

The best thing I’ve gotten to help so far is my adjustable bed. Talk about a life saver for someone who can’t sleep flat at all.

I had a lower back pain for ages, lots of scans and physiotherapy and nothing helped, I still have it like on and off and I noticed a good quality mattress is at least 30% of the issue and as soon as it loses the shape you need to get new one. 

I would suggest not to go for a surgery if it is a 50-50 thing, in most cases operations cause other health issues, there is a Persian saying says "You are the best doctor for your own body" (not a good translation but OK) and I think we should try to know our body more detailed. Reading and learning more about biology and anatomy would help you with that. 

When I had physiotherapy sessions I did notice what the physiotherapist try to understand from the pain I had and try to put me on specific exercises on that base. Since then I have made my own specific exercises to stretch the right points on my body, needs a bit of practice and you need to be very slow and careful to not exaggerate and to not end up in hospital. 

8 hours ago, fyrfytr998 said:

I am avoiding surgery, unless the vertebrae slips more forward and starts impinging on the spinal chord.

Great! Hope you will feel better by time. Yes, in extreme cases we can not avoid surgery. 

The guy I gifted my Porter Cable 18v tools to was reassigned to become a Drill Sergeant when I was.  We were both in the same brigade in the 3d Infantry Division and went through the school together, so we were acquainted somewhat.

He was quite a bit younger than me (25 or so), and one day while in-processing he complained about waking up to severe back pain.  We reported to the same company and less than a year later he'd had a botched back surgery and was getting medically retired from the Army, all before getting remotely close to 30 years of age.

I've had some back pain over the years, but have been fortunate so far, especially considering my chosen profession.  You don't realize how fragile you are until the back pain kicks in, much like you never realize how much you use your hands until you get a small cut or puncture on a finger...

1 hour ago, fm2176 said:

The guy I gifted my Porter Cable 18v tools to was reassigned to become a Drill Sergeant when I was.  We were both in the same brigade in the 3d Infantry Division and went through the school together, so we were acquainted somewhat.

He was quite a bit younger than me (25 or so), and one day while in-processing he complained about waking up to severe back pain.  We reported to the same company and less than a year later he'd had a botched back surgery and was getting medically retired from the Army, all before getting remotely close to 30 years of age.

I've had some back pain over the years, but have been fortunate so far, especially considering my chosen profession.  You don't realize how fragile you are until the back pain kicks in, much like you never realize how much you use your hands until you get a small cut or puncture on a finger...

That is why I don't support professional sports and heavy physical training in any sector. I have seen a lot of cases and I am fully convinced about it. 

I hate to admit it but I got the teeter table. That friggin commercial irritates my bowels. Having said that I was injured when I worked fire rescue ems back in the early 90s and just retired after 25 years leo. Gun belt, vest = back shot. I go to the chiropractor when I can but the inversion table helps a lot. A lot. Also hurt my hip back in 91 pulling a pregnant lady out of wrecked car. My femur head on my left side popped out of the hip and then reset and laid me right down. I’m 51 now and that hip has gotten worse and worse. When it bugs me, i invert. I cannot recommend that darn table enough and have even convinced a couple of guys on the job to get one.

27 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I hate to admit it but I got the teeter table. That friggin commercial irritates my bowels. Having said that I was injured when I worked fire rescue ems back in the early 90s and just retired after 25 years leo. Gun belt, vest = back shot. I go to the chiropractor when I can but the inversion table helps a lot. A lot. Also hurt my hip back in 91 pulling a pregnant lady out of wrecked car. My femur head on my left side popped out of the hip and then reset and laid me right down. I’m 51 now and that hip has gotten worse and worse. When it bugs me, i invert. I cannot recommend that darn table enough and have even convinced a couple of guys on the job to get one.

Sorry to hear that. It is interesting for me to know your feeling about helping a pregnant lady and hurting your hip because of that, if that is OK to share it here. 

11 hours ago, Altan said:

Sorry to hear that. It is interesting for me to know your feeling about helping a pregnant lady and hurting your hip because of that, if that is OK to share it here. 

I was a rescue worker, no issues there. I was doing my job helping someone in need so I never really thought anything negative about her. Still don’t, but climbing mountains can be a real pain in the a$$ nowadays :)

55 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I was a rescue worker, no issues there. I was doing my job helping someone in need so I never really thought anything negative about her. Still don’t, but climbing mountains can be a real pain in the a$$ nowadays :)

I understand, what I wanted to know is that having some back pain now as a result of helping others makes you feel like any help should be in a level to not hurt yourself or still you would do risk to help others?! 

1 hour ago, Altan said:

I understand, what I wanted to know is that having some back pain now as a result of helping others makes you feel like any help should be in a level to not hurt yourself or still you would do risk to help others?! 

I’d still help people. It’s my make up. Drives my Wife nuts but alas. Would I take an undue risk? No. I am 51 with a 5 year old son and a two year old daughter. I would never stop on the highway for a crash if my family is with me, I would never stop a robbery of my family was with me. But if you are asking if I calculate risk vs reward in assisting someone - yes. Regardless if my kids are with me or if I am on my own. Much like 25 years leo, my safety always comes first. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I’d still help people. It’s my make up. Drives my Wife nuts but alas. Would I take an undue risk? No. I am 51 with a 5 year old son and a two year old daughter. I would never stop on the highway for a crash if my family is with me, I would never stop a robbery of my family was with me. But if you are asking if I calculate risk vs reward in assisting someone - yes. Regardless if my kids are with me or if I am on my own. Much like 25 years leo, my safety always comes first. 

Thanks, that is an honest answer.