my fav tool in my arsenal

torontotoolman

Well air powered nailers still have their place as they are better then battery operated ones, and at least with conmpressors you dont have to spend 30 bucks for nails and charge. But at least from what I hear, Pasload can kick some serious booty on them projects where you need cordless but POWER HAHAHAHAHAHA :D

I use pnuematic everyday at my job and i love the hitachi coil nailer but something about the paslode i love maybe because its my personal and i work i use my bosses guns but the paslode holds its on in the nailer department thatd for sure best cordless you can get in my opinion

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I haven't really followed the nailer market. Are the cordless/horseless nailers basically just for framing or roofing? I would thing they'd be pretty bulky for finish nailers?

Theres different nailers there framing,roofing,finishing all different types and for each there is cordless and ones with hoses and compressors and they all take the specific nails for the trades thats using it and even with framing therr is coil framing nailers and stick framing nailers

I haven't heard to many bad things about Paslode. I am between paslode and grex.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've only used a paslode cordless 16ga and really like it. Cant speAK for theit pneumatic guns bUT they seem nice.. I haven't used them but hear grex makes some really nice guns also.

For a different option, A carpenter buddy of mine uses Cadex guns and the few times I have used them on a job they have been super nice.. when my pneumatic bostitch finish guns go I will probably replace them with Cadex

Yeah I am new to the world of pneumatic nailers so I am open to any suggestions. I habe seen the Cadex and thought about checking them out. For a DIY guy I'm thinking the 16 guage should be capable of doing everything I need too. Any thoughts there?

• 2 weeks later...

I love my Paslode framer and angled finish nailer, have both of them for almost 14 years, great tools.. I also have a Porter Cable Pneumatic angled stick nailer wich is a Freaking Beast!!!!! I don't use them everyday but I love them alll....

I'm looking at the paslode pneumatic 16 gauge finish nailers. Is it worth the extra money to get the angled gun over the straight? I am leaning toward the angled gun just since it should be able to get in a little tighter areas.

I'm looking at the paslode pneumatic 16 gauge finish nailers. Is it worth the extra money to get the angled gun over the straight? I am leaning toward the angled gun just since it should be able to get in a little tighter areas.

Go angled if you can for that same reason getting into tight spots and if you ever do crown molding its a must. 

Paslode pneumatic anything is the way to go! Their tools are solid, fast, reliable. I have a few of f350's, 1/2 crown stapler, 1" crown stapler, and the positive placement nailer. In Wisconsin and Illinois paslode definitely runs every jobsite I've seen.

I run a Paslode F350S had it for about 8 years and no problems, what nails are you using I use Paslode but there expensive but well worth it.

Go angled if you can for that same reason getting into tight spots and if you ever do crown molding its a must.

I run a Paslode F350S had it for about 8 years and no problems, what nails are you using I use Paslode but there expensive but well worth it.

Crown molding will be the bulk of what I do so that pretty much answers my question. Thanks.

I typically use the paslode or pneu-fast brand nails. It usually depends on what's on sale.

I like the paslode nails because they offer a full head nail, sometimes it looks better I guess for exposed plywood or interior framing. I haven't found a holding power difference vs the clipped head.

However the pneu-fast nails are the cats meow for a few reasons. The glue on their nails is incredible. If I have to take something apart I get pretty frustrated, because it's not as easy as with the paslode nails. It usually involves the sawzall with a thin kerf metal blade. Also the pneu-fast nails have a larger nail diameter in the 2 3/8 variety (.120 or .131) which holds plywood a little better verses the paslodes .113.

However the pneu-fast nails take a bit more power to drive. Usually around 120psi (versus 100psi w/ paslode nails) but they hold a lot better IMO. My guess is that they'd be a PIA to drive in any cordless framing gun.

Haha sorry to ramble but just wanted to share my experiences!

FYI the only place I found that carries the pneu-fast nails in stock is menards.

http://www.pneufast.com/home.jsp

Never heard of that company shipping might cost to much and theres no Menards here. I can only get Paslode nails which are the best IMO I see a lot of so called galvanized nails rot out. The price of the nails is why a lot of people don't buy Paslode nail guns there really missing out. They just buy other brand's and than there fence broads fall off in a few years because of rotten nails. No worries about rambling I love arguing about the Paslode nails with everyone I just wish they can reduce the price of there nails without sacrificing quality. It would really benefit there corporation and a lot more people would consider buying there nail guns    

Never heard of that company shipping might cost to much and theres no Menards here. I can only get Paslode nails which are the best IMO I see a lot of so called galvanized nails rot out. The price of the nails is why a lot of people don't buy Paslode nail guns there really missing out. They just buy other brand's and than there fence broads fall off in a few years because of rotten nails. No worries about rambling I love arguing about the Paslode nails with everyone I just wish they can reduce the price of there nails without sacrificing quality. It would really benefit there corporation and a lot more people would consider buying there nail guns

Paslode makes great guns the biggest argument i find people try to say on why.not to buy the gun is the gas.... lol but i think thats a fail of a reason not to buy such an amazing cordless framing nailer in my opinion for ex. last week i got a box of 500 nails pluss 3 gas cartridge for 60$ usually the box of nails comes with the gas anyway so unless you buy the nails and gas on there own its really not a big expense