Little Teaser of the 12v Bosch Drywall gun

DR99

Well I wanted this since I saw it months ago so I ordered it from the UK. Doing some drywall in my own home as well as a small project at work and decided it was the perfect time. I should have it tomorrow so pretty excited. I will definitely let you know what I think if it. 

Well my screwgun was delivered today from the UK. Super fast delivery!!! ToolStop sent it out right away. I got it 3 days after I ordered it!!!!  I actually was hanging some drywall today so the timing was perfect. I used it for 2 hours today. I still have 1 bar left on the battery. I was installing 1/2" drywall with 1-5/8" screws into wood studs. It had no problems driving the screws. It is very light and compact. Super comfortable to hold pistol grip style. It even fits in my front hammer loop on my Oxy tool belt. 

• Like 1

Well my screwgun was delivered today from the UK. Super fast delivery!!! ToolStop sent it out right away. I got it 3 days after I ordered it!!!!  I actually was hanging some drywall today so the timing was perfect. I used it for 2 hours today. I still have 1 bar left on the battery. I was installing 1/2" drywall with 1-5/8" screws into wood studs. It had no problems driving the screws. It is very light and compact. Super comfortable to hold pistol grip style. It even fits in my front hammer loop on my Oxy tool belt. 

wow thats super fast. How much was the total for that kit (with shipping, tax etc )

I believe in the UK they use 110 on the jobsite. I don't know if the plugs are the same though. Wayne from the UK used to visit the forum and give some knowledge about UK tools but he hasn't been around as of late. Even so it would probably be cheaper to buy a new/used charger and use that to charge the batteries over using a voltage adapter.

The batteries work fine. The charger went in the trash. I have other Bosch 12v chargers. This has the new 2.5 ah batteries too.

That works out well then. I was curious if they came with an adapter but it sounds like that wasn't an issue for you. Nice buy!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I know if we were to bring US tools over here to Ireland we just gotta cut the plug off and replace it with 110v plugs we use here which is then plugged into a transformer that converts our 230v electricity to 110v which is what we need for site work.

With today's advanced chargers, it aint any good reasons to not use an active PFC circuit with a 100v to 250V and 50 to 60 Hz range in them.

A lot of other cheaper electronics that does the same have it, and would make imports both ways that much easier...

People should start to demand a change in this artifical seperation og the tool markeds. Just a tranformer is not enough if you want it to perform the same or be 100 sure it will work flaweless. 10 hz difference can on some equipment mean a lot.