I wish I could be like you guys

n8n82250

I never really have enough money to support project ideas or even to pay for most well known tools. I don't even have a decent basement or even a garage just an apartment room that sleeps me and both of my brothers. This is just the setup that grew and grew over a five year process. Till this day i only own 1 drill. 2bbe5547c1d18f8d7cabfc62b27a35ba.jpg57372dd2b61c6148e05b2847a8d02824.jpg87ebb1c2a5f83c398b55770fa91ea7b5.jpg0f33a74a33cf859ad59c20c78731306a.jpg

That's a nice looking setup you got there. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over a period of time.

What types of projects are you interested in? From the looks of it, looks like some electrical engineering. I had a similar setup a while back. I used to modify gaming controllers and sell them online. I've always enjoyed taking things apart and seeing how they worked, looks to me like you enjoy doing the same thing.

You mentioned that you can't afford to do some of the projects that you have in mind. I'm just curious as to what types of projects you are interested in doing. 

As far as not being able to acquire tools, I think craigslist is a great place to start if you haven't already. You could also try some garage sales in your area, they often have some tools that you can haggle down the price on. If your fortunate enough to know some people that are willing to give you some old tools, hand me down tools are the kinds of tools I've always had, lol. Or who knows, you could end up winning a giveaway on the forum!

If you could list the top 3 tools that you would like to get next, what would they be?

Some of the guys on here are professionals that have worked their entire career to put together amazing workshops with a lot of nice tools. Just use them as motivation to keep working at it. Believe me before you know it you will have to buy more toolboxes to put all of your stuff in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When I got into the trades I figured out quickly what tools I needed to get the job done. For a while every paycheck I got I would take out money for tools. It was easy for me to justify the spending as the tools then make me more money. It's a vicious circle.

Kruton is right, we didn't get tools overnight it has been a long process. I generally buy tools out of nessecity not want. So if I don't need it I place it on the wish list. The wish list is massive!

• Like 3

I never really have enough money to support project ideas or even to pay for most well known tools. I don't even have a decent basement or even a garage just an apartment room that sleeps me and both of my brothers. This is just the setup that grew and grew over a five year process. Till this day i only own 1 drill. 2bbe5547c1d18f8d7cabfc62b27a35ba.jpg57372dd2b61c6148e05b2847a8d02824.jpg87ebb1c2a5f83c398b55770fa91ea7b5.jpg0f33a74a33cf859ad59c20c78731306a.jpg

. Give it time man like kruton said b4 u k ow it u will have a crap load of tools.

That's a nice looking setup you got there. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over a period of time.

What types of projects are you interested in? From the looks of it, looks like some electrical engineering. I had a similar setup a while back. I used to modify gaming controllers and sell them online. I've always enjoyed taking things apart and seeing how they worked, looks to me like you enjoy doing the same thing.

You mentioned that you can't afford to do some of the projects that you have in mind. I'm just curious as to what types of projects you are interested in doing.

As far as not being able to acquire tools, I think craigslist is a great place to start if you haven't already. You could also try some garage sales in your area, they often have some tools that you can haggle down the price on. If your fortunate enough to know some people that are willing to give you some old tools, hand me down tools are the kinds of tools I've always had, lol. Or who knows, you could end up winning a giveaway on the forum!

If you could list the top 3 tools that you would like to get next, what would they be?

I do basic into average not really Dave Jones type stuff but I play with logic chips mostly 4000 series. And the all original ne555p timer chips. I spend $120 on a power supply as you can see in the picture but it broke I don't even know how but that really pissed me off. I'm starting to get into more and more things like general house wiring, cars , mechanics, and machinery. Like my uncle.

sent from my fingertips

Man it's a start. Give it time an you will acquire more.

Now days I work out of my truck, an a few saw horses.

I myself was lucky enough to get a lot of hand tools from my grandfather. Most of my hand tools I bought are bought used. I bartered for a lot to. I still barter my work for tools when I can. Power tools are about the only thing I try to buy new. My welder I make payments on, an it ain't cheap.

When we had a house fire the only thing that survived was the garage. Between work an side jobs I did 18 hours a day seven days a week. Still I work a lot trying to catch up.

My tools are basically my way of life.