What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

Yup thanks! On my back under a kitchen sink, safety glasses can't stop absolutely everything.

Back on topic, I actually pulled apart some old galvanized pipe with my cheater wrench! I like the wrench ok but man it feels a little bit sloppy and lighter than my Ridgid ones. I do really like the handle though, and it grips great.

Wish I grabbed a pic of the wrench in action but this one of the plugged pipe will have to suffice. ..

26864595930_b3c66c36ac_b.jpg

-

That's in the supply fresh water mind you, not a drain. It's build up from rust and stuff in the water simply accumulating over time. .. lovely

-

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I got a chance to use my new Milwaukee 14" wrench and it seems to have a little more play than my Ridgids. The weight on this one is a closer to the Ridgids though. Still a nice wrench but I don't think I'll be replacing my Ridgids with Milwaukee's any time soon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just now, tonylandin said:

Nice circular saw and looks like a jawhorse how do you like it.

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

Love it bro!!! I've had for about 2 years now and so glad I have it, it's not the sheet master one that Jimbo has but still great to have man I definitely recommend!

• Like 1

IMG_20160528_101247136

-

The weight broke of the mower, a Simplicity zero turn... after 24 years of use, it got tired of hanging on

So i welded it back on. This is what a mig weld looks like after realizing someone turned down the regulator on the gas and your helmets auto darkening feature isn't working so you have to use the nozzle tip to shield your eyes from the bright light LOL

IMG_20160528_151414712

That was fun. These weights weigh probably 40 pounds each

IMG_20160528_151549673_TOP

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Never get that  helmet back in working order?

How the pete did you remember anything about that? I don't even remember telling you about this, you young kids haha

So I assume I need new batteries, but thanks for reminding me, i took it apart today, anyone know offhand what type of batteries these are?

IMG_20160528_150103306_HDR

havent been around much crew :( been working on my grandparents restroom put some texture on the walls along with new paint and new vanity, medicine cabinet and lighting almost done just a day or 2 left for little things and plumbing this house was built in 1908 so projects never EVER go easy lol!! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

How the pete did you remember anything about that? I don't even remember telling you about this, you young kids haha

So I assume I need new batteries, but thanks for reminding me, i took it apart today, anyone know offhand what type of batteries these are?

Just standard 3v coin batteries. I can't see what size they are but they will have to match whatever number follows the CR, usually it's a CR2032.

Just standard 3v coin batteries. I can't see what size they are but they will have to match whatever number follows the CR, usually it's a CR2032.

I'll find out, I assumed they are of a rechargeable variety and not just standard 3v coin batteries

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I'll find out, I assumed they are of a rechargeable variety and not just standard 3v coin batteries

Most coin batteries are rechargeable that I've come across. You are right it will be a lithium battery. It may be worth leaving the batteries in it and just leaving it in sunlight for a couple hours to see if the batteries just need to be recharged. The helmet has a built in solar .

Edit: may have spoken too soon based on misinformation. I have no idea if they are rechargeable.

Edited by Stercorarius

Most coin batteries are rechargeable that I've come across. You are right it will be a lithium battery. It may be worth leaving the batteries in it and just leaving it in sunlight for a couple hours to see if the batteries just need to be recharged. The helmet has a built in solar panel.

Yup have done that several different times, no help there. Friend has the same helmet with the same problem. I'll give it a go, see what I can make happen, if I get it up and running, I'm going to keep it charged up often, because no doubt the voltage went below a tolerable threshold because I didn't use it for many months at a time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Yup have done that several different times, no help there. Friend has the same helmet with the same problem. I'll give it a go, see what I can make happen, if I get it up and running, I'm going to keep it charged up often, because no doubt the voltage went below a tolerable threshold because I didn't use it for many months at a time

Now that I look into it, I'm not actually sure that any of the batteries are actually rechargeable. I just always saw lithium and my mind associated that and how long they last with rechargeable. I honestly have no idea if they actually are rechargeable. 

7 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

havent been around much crew :( been working on my grandparents restroom put some texture on the walls along with new paint and new vanity, medicine cabinet and lighting almost done just a day or 2 left for little things and plumbing this house was built in 1908 so projects never EVER go easy lol!! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow! Mike, awesome job dude!

• Like 1

havent been around much crew  been working on my grandparents restroom put some texture on the walls along with new paint and new vanity, medicine cabinet and lighting almost done just a day or 2 left for little things and plumbing this house was built in 1908 so projects never EVER go easy lol!! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks great dude!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm getting our pool ready for the summer. Yesterday I rehung a ladder rack on the garage wall, put it in a different spot so my daughter wouldn't smack my wife's car door into the ladders.

Reading back on some previous posts...

Those coin batteries, they're probably "permanent". The metal strap with the two little dimples...that's how they "weld" the batteries into place. You'll have to break that metal strip off of the batteries, then find a way to fasten it back onto new batteries. I've dealt with "welded"-in batteries before, it's not impossible, just a pain in the ass to replace.

Those Ryobi LED lights look pretty cool, might have to pick up a few.

I've wanted a Jawhorse since the first time I saw it, seeing it in use with the door in it makes me want one even more. It's got to be one hell of a handy thing to use.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

That's odd. My battery is in a completely different location. Are you sure you opened that up right? I don't think it needs to be opened to the board to replace the batteries. Should be another battery just on the helmet panel. What model is yours? 20160529_122630.jpg20160529_122047.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Wow! Mike, awesome job dude!

11 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Looks great dude!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks my TIA brothas!!! This has been a heck of a project nothing easy at all about this house guys but it feels good to see them smile about it :) took today off because we have some friends over but I'll be back at it 2marrow......hopefully 

• Like 3

That's odd. My battery is in a completely different location. Are you sure you opened that up right? I don't think it needs to be opened to the board to replace the batteries. Should be another battery just on the helmet panel. What model is yours?

Definitely different than yours, don't have the model, its a Lincoln viking helmet, no doubt the less expensive of their nicer ones, but the knobs are completely different and there's no cover over a battery. I'm in the process of finding the batteries and probably removing the old ones tomorrow

• Like 1