What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

My kids have a small bookshelf in the hallway next to their rooms,it has been overloaded and started to just about fall apart I noticed the other day. The boy and I proceeded to beef it up and glue,nail,screw, this thing is now like a tank. I have some 3inch metal angle brackets laying around so we used those on the top and bottom corners for added strength,the shelf supports are also angles with screws now. We also used my Stanley aluminum Sharpshooter Heavy Duty stapler and some 1/4" arrow T50 staples to put the unit backing on.

The boy can set screws by himself with my 12v Bosch stuff. Pretty darn awesome and fun teaching him.

IMG_20160507_105049_zpsb4zl7hnv.jpg

Finished product:

20160507_132907_zpsfhbpqjdb.jpg

We took two of the shelves and glued and ring shank nailed them together while clamping them with spring and c clamps. This thing can hold quite a bit more book weight now.

• Like 9

My kids have a small bookshelf in the hallway next to their rooms,it has been overloaded and started to just about fall apart I noticed the other day. The boy and I proceeded to beef it up and glue,nail,screw, this thing is now like a tank. I have some 3inch metal angle brackets laying around so we used those on the top and bottom corners for added strength,the shelf supports are also angles with screws now. We also used my Stanley aluminum Sharpshooter Heavy Duty stapler and some 1/4" arrow T50 staples to put the unit backing on.

The boy can set screws by himself with my 12v Bosch stuff. Pretty darn awesome and fun teaching him.

IMG_20160507_105049_zpsb4zl7hnv.jpg

Finished product:

20160507_132907_zpsfhbpqjdb.jpg

We took two of the shelves and glued and ring shank nailed them together while clamping them with spring and c clamps. This thing can hold quite a bit more book weight now.

Good to see that boy has good taste in tools!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kruton said:

Good to see that boy has good taste in tools!emoji6.png

Thanks bro,he takes after his daddy a little hehe.  Out of my 3 kids he is the most interested in how to use tools,fix things,build things,etc.

Today the first thing he said after I told him my idea to make it stronger was "let me do it".  That confidence is just awesome to me. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kruton said:

I wish it was mine bro, it's Tonylandin's. I just quoted his post so it showed up in my post.

Sorry I'm still getting used to this forum.

But I do like the gates that Tonylandin did!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CFBush2 said:

https://vimeo.com/165790123

A few doors getting painted today. Sure beats a paint brush! Wagner Flexio 990.

Yup, i'm done brushing and rolling too probably, love spraying everything. My wife got a glider swing for free, she wanted it painted, so she got 7 cans of spray paint, I told her there's no way i'm doing that, my finger will go numb holding that button on top... So she took them back and got a quart of paint so I could spray it on with my HVLP. I thinned it out, and here's the result:

20160508_152416

-

I don't care for it myself, but she likes these lively colors haha... it's also weather worn as you can tell. I wasn't going to a lot of work on it, so no sanding, just pressure wash to clean it up and remove loose paint from the previous color. I was going for cheap on this, since it's cracking in places and if i'm going to put time into it to rebuild it, i'm just going to make brand new..

If she doesn't like the final color now that she can see how it looks completed, well hey, I'll gladly give it another coat until she likes it, the sprayer makes it SUPER quick. Also I love how easy clean up is on it vs brushes and rollers...

20160508_144655

• Like 2

Yup, i'm done brushing and rolling too probably, love spraying everything. My wife got a glider swing for free, she wanted it painted, so she got 7 cans of spray paint, I told her there's no way i'm doing that, my finger will go numb holding that button on top... So she took them back and got a quart of paint so I could spray it on with my HVLP. I thinned it out, and here's the result:

26291383164_0e51f34650_b.jpg

-

I don't care for it myself, but she likes these lively colors haha... it's also weather worn as you can tell. I wasn't going to a lot of work on it, so no sanding, just pressure wash to clean it up and remove loose paint from the previous color. I was going for cheap on this, since it's cracking in places and if i'm going to put time into it to rebuild it, i'm just going to make brand new..

If she doesn't like the final color now that she can see how it looks completed, well hey, I'll gladly give it another coat until she likes it, the sprayer makes it SUPER quick. Also I love how easy clean up is on it vs brushes and rollers...

26896533755_d3b78a536c_b.jpg

Nice work Carl I think the color will grow on you. Looks good. Your really enjoying that sprayer.

• Like 1

Well, this was kind of a series of events today. I had been needing to make a new well puller to pull well pumps out for replacement or service, but too often I have run into wells that the fitting in the ground is not able to thread onto with my well puller because of misalignment... (it's difficult to explain I know) But the point is, in able to thread a piece of pipe onto the fitting while inside a well casing, i needed a knuckle of sorts to help get the threads started...

Here is what I did:

Snap On 1/2" impact swivel welded to 1" male threads... there goes my warranty

-

20160510_163438

-

20160510_164324

OOH Look you can see a whisp of smoke, I took the picture so fresh after i welded it!

-

And then spray painted it on my new centipede!!

-

20160510_171324

• Like 5

Makin some saw dust today. With my trusty Porter Cable pruning recip.

20160513_103258_zpsofcnhkg9.jpg

If I had a chainsaw would be faster,but weather is nice and being outside is good all around. TGIF yall.

Hey fazz, interested to know what blade you like using

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Hey fazz, interested to know what blade you like using

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well sir,for Pruning I use Bosch 12" and Lenox 9"  There is also a really great pruning blade made by Diablo,When I was at HD yesterday they had a sale of sorts on the Diablos, buy a pack and get a free blade. I have alot of blades so I didnt get any,as long as the blade is 5 or 6 tpi or less it should work pretty well,especially with a beast of a tool like that fuel sawzall you have.

Not pictured was some of the larger branches I took down that were approx 9 inches in diameter,didnt really take all that much longer they were wierdly shaped thou so I had to be a bit systematic while cutting them. The bosch blades really fly thru some material,the only thing you gotta watch out for with them 12 inchers is hitting branches behind what your cutting or concrete when you are cutting into smaller peices.

On 5/13/2016 at 1:36 PM, Fazzman said:

Makin some saw dust today. With my trusty Porter Cable pruning recip.

20160513_103258_zpsofcnhkg9.jpg

If I had a chainsaw would be faster,but weather is nice and being outside is good all around. TGIF yall.

Awesome! I use mine for the same thing. How many 4.0 batt's did you go through to make the pile?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99_XC600 said:

The wife's Jeep failed it's yearly state inspection for a weak parking brake. Luckily it was just an adjustment.

Man I'm glad we don't have inspections here. Most of my cars haven't even had parking brakes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 99_XC600 said:

Awesome! I use mine for the same thing. How many 4.0 batt's did you go through to make the pile?

Well sir,I only have 2 of the 4.0 batts and I did that with one. I then swapped batts and finished the larger stuff I didnt take a pic of with plenty of battery left.

Its all about the blades used I feel,the bosch are pretty damn sharp and aggressive and I dont put excessive pressure on the tool,I also never cut in the same position i'm always rotating the tool while cutting to keepthe bladein the work.

• Like 1

Well sir,I only have 2 of the 4.0 batts and I did that with one. I then swapped batts and finished the larger stuff I didnt take a pic of with plenty of battery left.

Its all about the blades used I feel,the bosch are pretty damn sharp and aggressive and I dont put excessive pressure on the tool,I also never cut in the same position i'm always rotating the tool while cutting to keepthe bladein the work.

Bosch recip blades are very under rated most people chose Diablo and Milwaukee, really I prefer Milwaukee and Bosch over NON-carbide diablos

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Man I'm glad we don't have inspections here. Most of my cars haven't even had parking brakes. 

Im glad we dont have that either,we have stupid pretty stringent smog inspections every 2 years thou.

• Like 1