What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

Good work Dave, really like the shelves and storage solutions!

Past few days I've been doing random things. Made a couple of circles out of Masonite for some signs we're gonna use at work for the company picnic. I still have to put some handles on the back, so people can hold them for group photos. Gonna have the wife print a couple of signs and use sticky-back to put them on the Masonite. Here's one of the circles and a mock-up I did with the computer...

Masonite%20Circle.jpg

Baseball%20Mock-up%20001.jpg

Making a new flag holder for the house too. Had one of the guys at work make the holder, brought it home, drilled mounting holes, and painted it. After I get rid of the bee nest in the wood where the holder is going I'll hang it. Took the old crappy holder down, and on a whim grabbed a flashlight and shined it inside a split in the wood...found a bee nest the size of my fist in there. Drilled and tapped a hole for a thumb stud, so I could "clamp" the flag pole into the holder. Unfortunately I put it on the bottom instead of the top, but it should work out fine anyway.

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

• Like 6

Framing today...finished the Advantech, squared the foundation, and started laying out walls. 2b7958b7953a095c1e11dd02605d26f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Very cool, don't usually see a builder post pics of a full out new build on this forum, what's it going to be?(a house I assume)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very cool, don't usually see a builder post pics of a full out new build on this forum, what's it going to be?(a house I assume)

Thanks! Been a small custom builder and remodeler for 18 plus years. I enjoy this forum. Don't post a ton but some. This is a new home. Approx 3,000 sq ft plus a basement. High energy efficiency is the goal for this one. Got started on walls today.

Tools we had in use were Milwaukee Fuel saw, Dewalt 18v saw, Senco air framer, Dewalt cordless framer, Skilsaw wormdrive, Dewalt 12" miter saw, Dewalt 20v drill, Milwaukee Fuel impact, and a few more.

4c75b5ca553c149115558eec4329d62c.jpg

• Like 7

Cool aerial shot after today. 56d3e3767bad7cd4a9352fd8d7b5c5ac.jpg

Very cool, nice location, too. Been awhile since I was on site building houses since my Dad got out of that, we got to work along water and lakeshore, being from up around the sand dunes area of silver lake Michigan and lake Michigan itself

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

started designing a tool holder in solidworks to 3d print. started with one for my hammerdrill. gonna design others as well. Ima try to work on one for my impact driver and flexvolt saw. I might even try to build something for my flexvolt recip and maybe some kind of deal to hold chargers and batteries. also might try something that stores bits or bit cases.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol Carl! Man Bro since I wasn't able to get on here with u guys for awhile I somehow learned how to save some money ? Lol! Luckily I did though I was just trying to save for holidays ? And this happened oh well I guess at least I won't have to worry bout this one anytime soon ?

• Like 2