What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

19 minutes ago, DaveJr. said:

I also recently built this cherry bench. Plans are based off "The Wood Whisperer" on youtube. Just have to finish it. Not sure what I want to use. Any ideas?

I tend to stick with polyurethane, I think that you can't go wrong with that. But I'm always curious to know how other finishes might work, such as oils

13 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

So as I started to say last week, my dad and I replaced a deck up at our hunting camp. We built one last year and we decided it was time to replace the current one. It took us 3 days, one hospital visit and a hell of a lot of screws. Used almost all DeWalt 20V max tools with some exceptions. 2' + 4' Stabila levels, craftsman router, porter cable miter saw. So here are the pictures from start to finish. We will let it weather a few weeks and stain it the same color as the other one in the background of some of the pics. Hope you like it.

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

IMG_2989.jpg

IMG_2990.JPG

dude Dave came out awesome! and im lovin the pic the impact with the flag flying high in the back ground!

• Like 1

I built this tough rack.

b7a1613d95e57a0b4f4259547beadd68.jpg

And used my Ridgid Line locator to trace a sprinkler line that was DOA. found the valves, buried under 4" of soil and grass. But didn't mess with the valve yet. Just unburied for a future project.

Ridgid scout?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have 1.13 acres and I push mow it. That large yard and wood pile are my neighbors, past my patio is woods so that cuts way down on my mowing. Those solar lights are terrible! I have to get a decent set this year. Those are garden beds for now, once I get my main garden setup they will be flower beds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The land is just beautiful where you live Dano! I am sure your mowing all that with a riding mower too, I haven't seen the whole property but I am guessing you own a couple of acers. good job with the flower bed, I like those steps though. Have you noticed that those solar lights don't last past 2 years? lol

bbe5260f7a5e72f487aa59fd271897aa.jpg75fb60c6f5a61585d08148e4aba8afc1.jpg

As you can kinda see half of my lot is woods. I have the tan roof on my house, garage and patio...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ok ... It worked very well .. Just some small tweeks, but this is the design.

i used 2x3 vinyl downspout and a flexible elbow because it's lightweight. After I bent the elbow to correct angle, I re-enforced it with a piece of string so the air flow wouldn't straighten it out. Screwed and duct taped all joints to retain air flow.

i am going to get another nozzle from STIHL so I can quick change....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Just chillin today about to change out some brakes and rotors and change a lower control arm on a co workers car feels good to be in the garage using my tools :) it's been awhile 

image.jpg

Gettin it done !!!!

any day with tools is a good day !!!

• Like 2

As some of you may have heard, I was building a workbench and a table for my drill press today. The top of the workbench in the picture is actually for the bottom shelf. I am getting a piece of 2 inch thick butcher block to go on top. I am also going to add 4 casters to the workbench. $43 for lumber, plus another maybe $25 for casters .I also made a makeshift clamp rack on the sides of the drill press table to get them off the floor. Only took a couple hours. The work bench measure 3'x5' and the table measure 16" x 19"

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3056.JPG

• Like 10

Now that the Sunroom and Kitchen is done. I spent the majority of the day outside. I felt liberated!!

Broke out the Scott's drop spreader and spread some milogornite on the yard and then grabbed the Greenworks power washer and cleaned up the front steps.

Spread some mulch and then washed and vacuumed both vehicles. Felt great to be outside. 

• Like 5

I had to change out my two toilets. One flange had to be dropped about 3/8" due to new floors. Luckily, whoever plumbed the house didn't use primer on the flange and it wasn't glued properly. Few scores with a Diablo recip blade and a few taps with a hammer and it came right off.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Just chillin today about to change out some brakes and rotors and change a lower control arm on a co workers car feels good to be in the garage using my tools :) it's been awhile 

image.jpg

That's a nice-looking socket set, what is it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

image.jpg

I see you had to break out the m18 beast today. You should get the m18 3/8 to go with it. I absolutely love mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kato said:

That's a nice-looking socket set, what is it?

Thanks brotha! It's a 204pc Dewalt mechanic set  very very awesome kit crew I got it on Black Friday a couple years back when they first released I think people were very hesitant to buy because they weren't used to seeing dewalt brand on mechanic tools but guys seriously it's an awesome kit to have its definitely paid for itself x10's full 

• Like 2