What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

Well, just so has it TIA just did a video on adhesives, and I been wanting to repair our back stoop, which is basically the same type of brick has Dan's fire pit.  I put in a order of the product they showed, should be here next week.  It was currently held together with Liquid Nails, but it has since lost it's adhesiveness, and the bricks are loose.  

Looking around the house and trying to understand how a project transforms the kitchen, living room, mud room and dining room into an extension of my garage There is not one horizontal surface that doesn't have some sort of tool or material on it. 

Of course, the project room has nearly nothing in it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Took a break from the Sunroom Rehab on Saturday and headed over to my buddy's house and we rebuilt the rear end in the wife's Jeep. Not a lot of pic's but at this point we had just installed the pinion gear and set the preload on the crush sleeve.

12342352_10208528320635176_5530212361882

12310441_10208528320715178_5047861426050

Today started a reinforced heavy duty clamp rack for my growing clamp collection. I started with my TS55REQ and a 4x8 sheet of sheathing 1/2" and a smile. Now.......I've got two 48" x7" racks doubled up and gluing. We will see where this leads too shortly ;)

He just finished building it. It's a 30x30 with a 2 post lift with heat!

He's a professional mechanic as a regular day job and he has this at his house for side jobs. Super talented. His current project is S10 with a 682 CI engine. It's on target to make about 1500 HP on the bottle. Pretty sick when it's going down the track.

I have a pics of it somewhere. I'll need to dig them up and post them.

664b3682389dfb8a7f86dfe0fdc1d951.jpg

Nothing like a nice little fire while working out in the garage, building some stocking holders for the wifey to paint, I'll post some pictures when finished.

Jimbo

Is that a flexzilla cord?!

I'm not sure, I'll let you know but I bought a 25' and a 50' 14 gauge cord, it is hi vis With a night glow strip as well as lighted ends, really nice cords, picked them at menards on sale I'll find you the link.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: 26ad36df80f7ef763490f455962c18b0.jpg

They are flexzillas, easily the best extension cords I've ever used.

Finally got around to organizing most of the LBoxxes I picked up recently.

- M12 Fuel rotary hammer drill in an Lboxx1

- M12 Fuel screwdriver & Right angle drill in an Lboxx 1

+ The small Wiha bit set that Home Depot had on clearance for $3 a while back. Wish I would have bought more of these because I love them!

I threw my Porter Cable 352VS in an Lboxx3 with some belts but didn't take a pic.

I also didn't take a pic of my Bosch MR23EVSK router kit I put into an Lboxx4. I think I'll stick a magnet rail to the side of it to hold the wrenches and 1/4" collet because I hate things rolling around.

• Like 1

+ The small Wiha bit set that Home Depot had on clearance for $3 a while back. Wish I would have bought more of these because I love them!

I threw my Porter Cable 352VS in an Lboxx3 with some belts but didn't take a pic.

I also didn't take a pic of my Bosch MR23EVSK router kit I put into an Lboxx4. I think I'll stick a magnet rail to the side of it to hold the wrenches and 1/4" collet because I hate things rolling around.

I see you nabbed some terminater bits too, they look pretty nice with milwaukees.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The past week or so I have used the following tools at work

-jmt ads 40600 witch is a 13' 660 ton CNC hydraulic press brake

-Lincoln power wave s500 welder

-miller pipe worx 400 welder

-miller dynasty 350 welder

-miller fume extractor

-hypertherm powermax 105 plasma cutter

-Proto air ratchet an many imgersoll rand air tools powered by ingersoll rand rotary screw compressor

-strong hold welding table an fixtures

-baileigh industrial belt grinder

-baldor an Dayton bench grinder

-clausing horizontal bandsaw

-clausing drill press

-enerpac hydrulic tools

-gantry crane

-Yale forklift

An I am sure I am forgetting a few

• 2 weeks later...

Got to break out my Porter Cable impact today,reinstalled approximately 6 feet of fence I had to take down. The County came out and helped remove roots from the sewer line.

I built a new back fence when we moved in last year along the back. The new fence gives about 3 feet of seperation between the existing chain link fence. The neighbors behind us have 3 large pitbulls and I have kids and 2 large dogs. Not to mention the folks behind us have all sorts of garbage or something of that nature in their yard. Couldnt see looking at that forever. My yard is about 70 feet wide.

The view blocker:20151222_140842_zpstpr46fb1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dad and I changed the wheel bearing/hub in my moms car today. It was getting tough and made a ton of noise. What was odd is that it didn't have any play in it. The car is a 2000 Ford Explorer with 203,000 miles on it. I didn't get any pictures of us taking the old one off but I took a picture of the tools needed to change it. We had to use his 3/4 drive torque wrench since the axle but had to be torqued to 200 ft lbs and his 1/2 drive one only went to 150. Mine goes to 250 but it is at my tech school. The reason we had two impact wrenches out is that this was my dads first time seeing the Milwaukee impact wrench and he was skeptical. I would say after using both his IR 2135 and my Milwaukee 2763 side by side I would say that the Milwaukee is within 100 ft lbs of the IR. The it was ran at 140-150 psi too.

Oooh wow that m12 sds drill, something I've really, really considere getting. If you've had any experience with corded versions of those drills can you tell me your experience with it compared?

Love the m12 angle drill btw too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

So I was trying to sleep, but as I just sliced my hand open (see whatever area forum post) I apparently have so much adrenaline in my system I cannot. Today (3pm-1am) I was trying to finish the drywall and other finishes in our kitchen. I used to Dewalt Multi-tool (power tools can only be generally used from 9-5 in my condo building due to noise and my lovely neighbors). There was this little 1x1 and metal stud left over from taking out some french doors. needed to cut this off so I could finish all the way down to the floor. Used the nail and wood attachment on my Dewalt Multi-tool to accomplish this (neighbors still complained about noise, but I had a construction agreement in to management and was in the 9-5 window, hahahah, assholes). You can see the finish along with the acrylic finish patch and fiberglass tape I used to face the stud. Was too thin to use drywall, so I am facing with this awesome product and will use joint compound over it to finish and smooth the area, Is beneath a new granite Island I am putting in the kitchen. Using all existing materials for the Island to make a more open concept. I hate how they did shit 30 years ago. Luckily they used good materials and I can reuse the granite. We will see how well my granite seam turns out on the island. I need to use a diamond dry bit on my router to smooth out the piece I am going to use.

The only complaint I have about the multi-tool is that it is loud as fuck and takes a while to cut through. a jig saw or cutoff probably would have worked better, but the multi is new and I am still playing around with it,. What do you guys think?