What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

That looks like a super nice set of sockets Mike. I like how they didn't throw in a bunch of stuff to get the tool count up. It looks like it comes with a good amount of extensions too. Are all of the sockets 6 point? What sizes are the torx bits?

• Like 1

Thanks brotha! It's a 204pc Dewalt mechanic set  very very awesome kit crew I got it on Black Friday a couple years back when they first released I think people were very hesitant to buy because they weren't used to seeing dewalt brand on mechanic tools but guys seriously it's an awesome kit to have its definitely paid for itself x10's full 

How much was it when you bought it on sale?

Millerz

59 minutes ago, NicholasShetley said:

That looks like a super nice set of sockets Mike. I like how they didn't throw in a bunch of stuff to get the tool count up. It looks like it comes with a good amount of extensions too. Are all of the sockets 6 point? What sizes are the torx bits?

Thanks Nicholas, they did a great job of not filling it with miscellaneous crap and all sockets are 6 point, I'm not sure off the top of my head about the torx bit sizes go up to i will check when we get home later tonight right now we're at family's house to watch the fight. 

4 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

Well I got the casters installed and the bottom shelf is all loaded up!  No I just have to take care of the bench top.

This should work, man, but you should see the rolling bench I built, that was a fun project! I put it on 6" casters and had it so sturdy and heavy because of the partitions in the bottom part of the bench, plus I made a full torsion top, with 1x6s interlocked and MDF on both top and bottom of the 1x6s and a nice white plastic laminate on the work surface. That thing is heavy and rolls around so smooth. Of course it's at my parents, because when I moved out I didn't take it with me.... those were the days.

• Like 1

Well I got the some of the workbench top sanded tonight. The first pic shows what I started out with. The second is the first sanding with 50 grit paper. The third is after I filled in all the holes/cracks. The fourth is after sanding all the wood filler off with 80 grit paper. Now I just have to sand with my ROS with 100, 150, and 220 and then finish it. Then repeat all of that for the top. This is only what I have done with the bottom so far. I will try to finish the bottom tomorrow. Maybe tonight. I'll see how I feel :P

IMG_3072.JPG

IMG_3073.JPG

IMG_3074.JPG

IMG_3075.JPG

• Like 5