What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

51 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

hows that husky box treating you?

Awesome bro! But like someone else mentioned on here I think it was 99 they are dust magnets for sure! I'm almost debating on getting another one maybe the milwaukee one but wouldn't hesitate to get the husky again.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

I have both a project for that saw, plus it was time for a new one, since my only circular saw just broke

Excellent, I haven't been able to devote a lot of time to the forum lately, so I'm catching up on things, and I see your previous saw is now in pieces, rats a bunch, dude, but that saw looks pretty nice, I don't blame you for getting at all, hope it holds up to your use!

On 3/30/2016 at 11:06 PM, Bigmikez said:

Hopefully with my old phone u can tell the difference in lighting I'm still on 4s so pic is not to great lol

You can see your toolbox so much better now! And the clutter, that's one thing about better lighting, the clutter shows up more lol!

• Like 1

Been in the process of re-finishing some chairs that I bought for cheap, they aren't anything fancy or exactly the sturdiest, but I hated the thought of throwing them on the fire, when I know I can fix them up and have them for years to come. 

Today I got one all prepped for assembly with the help of M12 rotary tool and my trusty Makita orbital random sander, which I just got some sanding pads for, see pics....

20160401_182353

20160401_175305

20160401_181849

Here's my dust collection system, not much, just a remote to activate the power to the vacuum, a little Dirt Devil vacuum that works well on the sander and my miter saw, and it really works to keep the dust out of my breathing.

20160401_181759

• Like 2

Been slacking on the pictures for this thread so ill list some recent pick ups, cheap older style milwaukee self feed bit 1 1/8", it was a steal on eBay, 5 wood and 5 metal diablo sawzall blades from the pro day, diablo circ saw blade, bosch scrolling jig saw blades, and some shellac and paint, nothing crazy... well the one crazy thing I'm keeping a secret until i get it, one of the things mentioned above coincides with my new toy!

5 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Been slacking on the pictures for this thread so ill list some recent pick ups, cheap older style milwaukee self feed bit 1 1/8", it was a steal on eBay, 5 wood and 5 metal diablo sawzall blades from the pro day, diablo circ saw blade, bosch scrolling jig saw blades, and some shellac and paint, nothing crazy... well the one crazy thing I'm keeping a secret until i get it, one of the things mentioned above coincides with my new toy!

You're in the wrong thread Jimbo!!LOL

Well while I'm in here I cut some letters out that will get sanded and painted to make MR & MRS. Also got a coat of primer, finally, on part of a scrapbook center I am building, need to get going on the desk part of it.  Painted a game board, we painted the bottom of it, got some shellac I am going to finish it with then thinking about trimming it for decoration purposes.

4 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Ha ha whoops, i need to go to bed!

Yeah me too, it's close to 1am here, i haven't been on the forum a lot recently, been catching up on things!

1 minute ago, Bigmikez said:

Looks good Carl how do u like that rotary tool? I have one and love it bro such a connivence to have right?

Absolutely man! It's an excellent buy when I  got it, just haven't used it much until now, i'm glad I have it!

• Like 2

Just now, KnarlyCarl said:

Yeah me too, it's close to 1am here, i haven't been on the forum a lot recently, been catching up on things!

Absolutely man! It's an excellent buy when I  got it, just haven't used it much until now, i'm glad I have it!

Yea its crazy how fast you can get buried now, when I first got on here there wasn't as much traffic, good thing though nice to have more activity!

• Like 1

So as I started to say last week, my dad and I replaced a deck up at our hunting camp. We built one last year and we decided it was time to replace the current one. It took us 3 days, one hospital visit and a hell of a lot of screws. Used almost all DeWalt 20V max tools with some exceptions. 2' + 4' Stabila levels, craftsman router, porter cable miter saw. So here are the pictures from start to finish. We will let it weather a few weeks and stain it the same color as the other one in the background of some of the pics. Hope you like it.

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg