Do you have a favorite tire gauge

jbw55

I like the LongAcre products....there super accurate, well built, glow in the dark face and easy to read down to about a 1/4 pound. Maybe a bit more than one needs for everyday use but they will last a long time with accuracy. I use to race latemodels so we needed something durable and accurate and were dealing with tire pressures down to 1/4 lb increments. I use the Pro Precision 4.5 and the large face is nice and easy to read.

post-51163-0-82380100-1438192308_thumb.j

might be blasphemous, but since i only need one for personal use i've always stuck with metal looking pen-type gauges. i have no doubt that a $1 (or often free) gauge is not going to be as accurate as what you mentioned, but for regular driving it's just fine in my opinion

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hands down and bar none, the best ever tire gauge I used was at a gas station in Germany about 20 years ago. They had a system where there was something like a 2 gallon air canister that you set on a hard piped air line fitting and the weight of the canister opened a valve which allowed the canister to fill. When you wanted to fill your tires, you picked it up and carried it to your vehicle and used a short hose to connect to the tire. The gauge on it as I recall was a 4-inch dial with a needle thin indicator similar to what you used to see on analog voltage meters. The quality of it blew me away at the time and has been my holy grail ever since. That Longacre doesn't look bad, but it's still a far cry from that German dial I saw.