Shed building today fence is done

Honestly its my fav trade and thing to do i love it i really wouldnt wanna be in any other trade then framing noyhing better then building something someone else cant and out of a pile of lumber its great

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

pretty sure the climate plays a important role too. i know a framer here in my area and hes doing that since 30y. you can tell that hes out in the weather all day long. 

working here in the desert is crazy. 100-115 degrees. the sun is amazing strong. and that how his skin etc looks like.

pretty sure the climate plays a important role too. i know a framer here in my area and hes doing that since 30y. you can tell that hes out in the weather all day long.

working here in the desert is crazy. 100-115 degrees. the sun is amazing strong. and that how his skin etc looks like.

Ya its a little diffetrnt here but it doees get really fucking hot and we also get really fucking cold aswell lol so really we get a few.months of nice working weather then its the extremes of hot or cold lol but ya framing in the desert would be crazy heat stroke must be a common thing

No drip edge?

No its a shed man lol but im gonna get facia aluminum so i will run it up under the shingle i left an over hang im not a shingler this really basically my first time i use to do flat roofing torch down 2 ply for a few years so i know drip edge is important but this shed is for my moms house and she has limited founds so ya no drip aint gonna kill tge shed lol

Hey that's totally understandable. At least you left an overhang, that will work good enough with some aluminum fascia along with some Housewrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya im not too worried i built this shed like a house and roofed it well its got a 9/12 pitch lol tar paper under the shingles lol really only thing thats missing was the drip edge lol and you noticed hahah must be a roofer

Dude, your already way ahead of me on shed building cause I don't know the first thing since I am not a contractor. I am impressed with what you accomplished by yourself man. I assume that you have 2 by 4's screwed into the bottom of the shed, and that is what is resting in those concrete foundation pieces? I agree with what has been said, that is a lovely overhang, and you did such a good job the mom should be able to hang some hanging plants off it. Because the shed is so small, I assume this is just to store gardening tools and such.

I would like to get a bigger shed built in my backyard to store my tractor and some other shit, so that I can have more room in the shop. I don't got the funds to buy a shed kit, and even if I did, I would have to get schooled somewhere cause I don't know the first thing lol. Goodjob man, can't wait to see the finnished pics when its all painted up and shit is stored in it. :)

The base of the shed is framed like a floor of a house i used 2x8. 4 on the out side witch is the square base and are sitting on the blocks then i ran 3 more 2x8s ever 16 inch nailed them in and used joist hangers i didnt use screws as a framer we build everything with nails nails will bend and move with the shed/ house as screws will snap over time then i layded a tounge n groove subfloor down and built the walls... and thanks a lot i feei if i can frame a house and thats wat i do everyday i can frame a shed lol but ya the over hang was really the fist time i did the facia and gable over hang myself at work i usually cut for the roof as im still a newbie in the framing world but a shed being a smaller version i handled the roof pretty well for being on my own no pro with me...

32aff9e7ead2d1e308b71baef482191b.jpg

Thats how i did the base

But that shed is legit. I was looking at your roof framing details.

I especially like how you made those 2x blocks to hold the end of the rafters on the double top plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man and ya i framed everything like how i frame a house and ya i did the blocks instead of cutting a birds mouth samething but more stable and have more wood to nail into lol