Makita hammer drill v fuel hammer drill

torontotoolman

Lol so for 2 more weeks? Enjoy the crown TO, I'll be coming to pick it up in September [emoji14]

Haha ya we will see haha then im sure team makita will get it back haha i love this i really hope milwaukee and makita keep trying to one up each other because we as the tool users WIN!!!! By gwtting bad ass tools

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Makita is a nice drill don't get me wrong but that side handle is effing crazy!! I will say it seems like Makita is more in the tool game for awhile it was pretty slow on new releases.

Yaa i dont know the whole history and actually iv only started to get into makita within the last year when i started wanting to get a cordless plat form going and with makita i like what i seen but i know theyv had there issues but what tool company hasnt i mean they have been around for 100 years so im sure they been doing something right but what i can say is they dont market they tools properly thats forsure what once you feel and used one of there drills saws nailers you see they are built great and anvery powerfull tool

Milwaukee has had a brushless 6.5" circular saw for a long time now. And they already make one that tops the Makita 6.5" with the 7.25" full sized fuel. Makita makes that dual battery one but the fuel with the 9Ah battery will probably last two days. The 6.5"s are great but the extra money you spend going a little bigger on the 7.25's is worth it because the blades are so much more plentiful and cheaper not to mention the bigger cutting capacity.

That being said you can't really go wrong with most of these major tool brands these days. Makita, Milwaukee, Dewalt, Bosch, Metabo, Rigid, Hilti, Metabo, Ryobi and more each make tools I'd use, I have things from most of them as it is, even though I tend to like Milwaukee. I think the lowest models in all those brands are better than top of the line stuff only a few years ago. I think we are living in the golden age of power tools, there is so much variety in decent quality all over the price scale. I guess when the next advance over lithium ion batteries comes out, carbon nanotube batteries I'm looking at you, we will keep seeing a slow evolution in power and runtime. It's kinda crazy we'll be running 9Ah battleries in powertools so soon...

Yeah when I bought my first Fuel kit I wanted to buy teal but Makita was dead in the water as far as competitive releases. That was a year and a half ago. Times have changed, Milwaukee won't outdo that 6.5" brushless saw any time soon.

In my opinion, Makita didn't outdo the existing Milwaukee 6.5" FUEL saw. But they came pretty close (we did a video comparison of the two).

Well that side handle is the bomb and from what I have read and seen you need it...my Blsch on the other hand has a ton of torque but you don't really need the included side handle because of the Active Response tech built in to keep you from breaking your wrist. I wish my DCD985 had that, that guy has spun me around a couple of times pretty hard.

Strangely enough I was at a big tool show a couple months back and every big brand was there except makita. Found it odd that they didn't show up considering there one of the biggest brands in Ireland, I definitely see a lot more of them than milwaukee or bosch. I'm about to buy in makita this week with the sds brushless, for the price I found it on eBay with 2 5ah batteries, charger, case and the dust extraction accessorie, it's only costing about 100 more than the bare tool dewalt dch274.

• Like 1

I think Stuart mentioned the handle on the Makita is a UL listing thing because of the Torque the Maktia produces. The only thing is the new M18 fuel drill will have even more torque than the Makita, but has a much smaller handle. I wonder whats up with that. Is it because if it binds up overload protection kicks in on the Milwaukee?

The new Fuel Super Hole Hawg has a clutch built in to prevent it kicking on you, I wonder if they have some kind of electronic version of it in the new fuel drill?

It could be they just expect a Milwaukee user to be a big manly man and the Makita needs a long handle for the girly men who use them? :P jk

The new Fuel Super Hole Hawg has a clutch built in to prevent it kicking on you, I wonder if they have some kind of electronic version of it in the new fuel drill?

It could be they just expect a Milwaukee user to be a big manly man and the Makita needs a long handle for the girly men who use them? [emoji14] jk

Girly men hahahha maybe they think only small Japanese guys are using there tools hahha lol in all honesty thoo the sidebar is very comfortable to hold and not that big of a deal i like the look of it over milwaukees plastic thing they call a side bar lol

• Like 1

In my opinion, Makita didn't outdo the existing Milwaukee 6.5" FUEL saw. But they came pretty close (we did a video comparison of the two).

good to know my 2730 is still one of the best out there. I was under the impression the new Makita was a significant step above that.

Milwaukee has had a brushless 6.5" circular saw for a long time now..

yeah, I've owned one for a long time now, year and a half probably. I was under the impression the Makita surpassed it, and find it unlikely that milwaukee will update it anytime soon.

I agree with your thoughts on blades/price but the ergonomics and user preference of blade right or left is still a factor with the 2731.

It could be they just expect a Milwaukee user to be a big manly man and the Makita needs a long handle for the girly men who use them? [emoji14] jk

Since I'm about 6'-7" and weigh 285 and am an owner of this Makita monster...I take no offense at your comment. [emoji16]

Honestly it was pretty funny really.

I truthfully think the tool market is getting to the point where it's more of a matter of what battery platform are you already in and not which tool is better. They are all such great tools. Even brands that some people consider to be the lesser brands are making solid tools. We are very lucky to be at this point, so let the tool companies keeping fighting each other and giving us better and better toys!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah competition is great - they try to leapfrog each other and it's a win win for the consumer. I have the current fuel drill and with the side handle it can still fight you with a big hole saw and it's got significantly less torque than the new one and Makita. I'd hate to use a hole saw up on a ladder with these new ones...

If you'd like to get a really good handle of the torque difference (and other features), check the link in my signature.

The new monsters (Makita, Metabo, probably FUEL Gen 2) really need to be used with respect. Even the older brushes ones did, but these take it to a whole new level of wrist snapiness.

If you'd like to get a really good handle of the torque difference (and other features), check the link in my signature.

The new monsters (Makita, Metabo, probably FUEL Gen 2) really need to be used with respect. Even the older brushes ones did, but these take it to a whole new level of wrist snapiness.

How can i find the link?

The AVE dude looks like he set up a torque tester. He did put an older Milwaukee drill on to disprove the marketing specs on torque but it looks like it exceeded the spec sheet. I think in general for cut and dry numbers that can actually be easily benched most companies won't lie because some countries like Germany fine manufacturers if they fall short of their written claims.

The AVE dude looks like he set up a torque tester. He did put an older Milwaukee drill on to disprove the marketing specs on torque but it looks like it exceeded the spec sheet. I think in general for cut and dry numbers that can actually be easily benched most companies won't lie because some countries like Germany fine manufacturers if they fall short of their written claims.

I seen that video i sub to his channel he makes me lauph