New M18 2704 and 2753

Bremon

Just got my 2704 and 2753 in the mail today, took some pics (got some weird looks from the woman of the house). Let me know if you have any questions, here are some impressions from my first 2 minutes haha.

post-49609-0-46671600-1440716414_thumb.jpost-49609-0-66161500-1440716431_thumb.j

you can see the drill comes with a belt clip now, and both have onboard bit storage.

post-49609-0-52728000-1440716451_thumb.jpost-49609-0-01967700-1440716466_thumb.jpost-49609-0-59714500-1440716479_thumb.j

it's a bit shorter than the 2604 front to back, and a bit narrower. The side handle is slightly bigger. The most noticeable change of the new models is the handles. They are narrower and feel quite a lot more comfortable in the hand. I must say, the engraved clutch numbers on the 2704 seem finer and more difficult to see at a moments notice than the 2604.

They are very similar looking. Very slight differences honestly. The grips and narrow size of the 2704 is the noticeable difference to me. I will say the gear selector on the 2704 is very firm. Almost detrimentally so. I do enjoy tools with tight tolerance but hopefully this loosens up a bit in time. Also, the grips feel slightly oily, and I notice a bit of oil on the gear selector which I'm assuming is also on the handle. Thanks PRC. Easily cleaned but still, maybe my memory is failing but my 2604 and 2653 came dry and clean. The 2704 has a small scratch on the clutch dial as well. Minor nitpicks but this shit is expensive.

TO she's taking it in stride. Her initial assumption was that gen 2 was replacing my entire tool lineup, when she realized just two were being upgraded she was much more "okay" with it haha.

The 2704 is actually roughly the same length as my 2403, maybe a hair shorter. The new impact has me debating whether I need the M12 Fuel impact anymore. This thing with a 2.0 should be a featherweight. It's noticeably shorter than the M12 (even more so than the 2653 was), but still wider, as before. I'll take pics when I get a chance.

I have to wait and see but I do like My M12 fuel impact driver!! I just like how small it is too carry with a compact battery. It's nice that Milwaukee included belt hooks and bit holders this time around!!! My Gen2 fuel impact driver should be here tomorrow!!

• Like 1

Here's M12 to M18 gen 2. Biggest advantage to M12 is in the 2.0 packs I feel. My 4.0 are only useful for specific tools, for others they are just added weight. It was tough to get comparison pics that highlight the difference, but I tried.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is there much weight difference between the 2653 and the 2753?

I no longer have my 2653 (just 2453 and 2753) but according to Milwaukee, with an XC battery the 2653 is 3.6lbs, 2753 is 2753 is 3.6. Part of what has me debating downsizing the M12 collection is how lightweight and compact the 2753 is, can only imagine how light and balanced it must be with a 2.0.

The 2753 with XC is 1lb heavier than a 2453 with compact battery. Makes you wonder what a 2nd gen M12 Fuel could accomplish with regards to compact size.

Here's M12 to M18 gen 2. Biggest advantage to M12 is in the 2.0 packs I feel. My 4.0 are only useful for specific tools, for others they are just added weight. It was tough to get comparison pics that highlight the difference, but I tried.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

those are beauties , enjoy !!The best difference between that m18 and m12 impact is the handle girth imo. I love slimmer handles on my power tools and that's my only minor complaint with the m12. Don't get me wrong I don't hate the m12 grip I just like the slimmer handles of the slide on pack tools.

My girlfriend was playing around with them to see the difference, and I thought she would prefer the M12 due to size, but she hates the fat handles and finds the tools uncomfortable compared to the M18s. If that's not approval for future tools I don't know what is.

• Like 1

My girlfriend was playing around with them to see the difference, and I thought she would prefer the M12 due to size, but she hates the fat handles and finds the tools uncomfortable compared to the M18s. If that's not approval for future tools I don't know what is.

Anytime my wife talks about trying out woodworking the first thing I say is, "Lets find you some nice tools first!" 

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

To me, that photo is the game changer. Awesome comparison and I'm a little bit jealous and ticked off that my M12 Fuel is so freakin' big now!!! Still, I love that little gun!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

For some brands, it's getting harder to choose a 12v platform simply for size and weight, when the larger 18v-20v's are consistently getting smaller in size.