DWE315K VS. DCS355D1 Oscillating Multi Tools

roadhog96

Aside from the DWE315K being 120V 3.0A electric motor is the DCS355D1 20V up to pare as far as in a performance comparison. Can the 20V give the electric tool a run for the money or is it lacking behind some in the power dept. Being brushless the batteries are suppose to give more run time so how long do the 2.0ah batteries last before needing a charge? Does one feel better than the other, the hand grip area is shaped a little different on both.

I did a comparison at the store and hands down the 20V is lighter and the grip feels so much better. I looked for some reveiws on YouTube and this one in particular was pretty thorough.

Even the other reviews praised the DEWALT 20V. One of the biggest advantage that the DEWALT had was the great feel in the hand and the way the accessories locked into the quick release chuck compared to the competition.

Still waiting on my old old Rockwell to quit before l upgrade, but doesn't seem to slow down. Even did a tough test by leaving it out in the rain, but still going strong.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

i recently bought one of the new top of the line rockwells.  it has the most power and widest sweep angle of all oscillating tools.  it'd be nice to have a cordless though.  i assume they both use the same blades?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought the cordless Dewalt. I really like it. I was using an older Dremel that was very loud and had a hex key for blade changes. The Dewalt is so much better. It's one of those tools that just works, every time I've gone to use it, it doesn't dissapoint. I had lots of batteries so I bought the bare tool. I kind of wish I had got the kit just for the accessories. If I get crazy enough I might try and grab the corded model on sale and then be very well set up. Not sure if it would be worth it though.

ihave both, bought  the corded first and used it for quite awhile before buying the cordless. the corded one gets used mainly for sanding and grout removal, your in one area for quite awhile so the cord is no problem.

we do alot of restoration work so i go through alot of sanding pads, the cordless is my go to tool when sawing baseboard to fit a cabinet in, cutting casing before installing flooring or tile, dewalt is the top in cordless, it has the best grip out there