My new addition!

Swaglosrevival

I have the corded model that works great....I am sure these days the cordless model will be just as good..

Ihave the corded model too, a hand-me-down from years back, and you're right about how well it works, I just don't like busting out the cord all over the shop or jobsite if I don't have to. especially when it takes just as much time getting it out of the box and back into the box as it does using the thing most times

so depending on the size of the project I would have an option for both.

do you have any corded planers? which ones and how do they compare? im actually looking at getting this exact model so any feedback on comparisons would do me a world of good

Yes I have an older corded model as well as a dewalt corded planner. I will let you know how it is when I get to mess around with it a lil bit.

Our one year anniversary is in 4 days but the wife hooked me up early with a new Makita planner!! [emoji95] [emoji322] [emoji322] [emoji323] 65e23b90756f7f66d3bb0fe28a53078f.jpg

[emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Nice....she's done it now, you better step up to the plate and get her something nice :)

• Like 1

do you have any corded planers? which ones and how do they compare? im actually looking at getting this exact model so any feedback on comparisons would do me a world of good

It's not compared with a corded, but the cordless bosch. Still might be of some interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRiCObpzkP8

Nice planer man, congrats! Hey, I've never been a wood worker so please excuse my ignorance. But why are planers needed exactly? When you buy lumber from the store, they come already smooth is a baby's butt. So all you gotta do is cut the wood to size and then tack it on. I got this old corded planer that belonged to my dad, its never been used through, who knows if it still works. I tried to sell it on Craigslist once, never sold, just like my old B&D drill never sold lol.

I'm not a woodworker either lol. But I want to be. I use an electric planner to shaved doors that I hang, sometimes it's quicker than cutting it with a circular saw and less risk of tear out. I also use it if I have to shave off fillers when hanging cabinets, adjusting old ceiling joists so there's no lumps in my drywall. So just odds and ends stuff. So it's good that I have a cordless one since I don't know when I'll have to set it up.