Greetings from Lancaster, PA

Hi all! I just found out about this forum from one of AvE's videos. I'm an electrician, mostly resi remodeling with a strong background in kitchens and baths, so lots of custom stuff that requires lots of tools to get the job done right (at least that what I tell my wife...) ;)

My approach (generally) is to spend as much as I can afford to and get the best tool possible for what I need and then wear it out. I'm not brand loyal at all. I've owned a Fein drill (the original series of 18V hammer drill), a Metabo drill, various Milwaukee drills and the incredible (and no longer available...) Milwaukee Hatchet, a Hilti 14.4V impact driver (my all time favorite tool), Hilti rotary hammers, and most recently (and no longer...) a Makita drill and impact kit.

My hand tools are mostly all German - Knipex pliers and wrenches; Wiha drivers. There are a few Ideal and Klein wire strippers among them, some T&B and Panduit crimp tools and the all useful Lenox 9-in-1 (?) multi-driver. 

My test equipment is mostly Agilent/Keysight for whom I've done quite a bit of field testing over the years, some AEMC, some Amprobe and some Hioki. Again, spend wisely, buy rarely.

It's good to have found the forum and I'll stop by when I can and try to answer any questions as well :)

Welcome aboard man and great to have you. You will like it here. It's a well moderated forum with just an all around great group of guys with a bunch of knowledge. It is a great crew. TIA crew is where it's at!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm already liking it! I'm pretty much the only tool junkie I know in real life, so at work I have no one to talk to about tools. They just stick to their Ryobi junk and white Makita stuff and get that glazed look in their eyes when you start talking torque, country of origin or tool steel hardnesses ;)

Lol well i think we're all real here. Haven't seen any robots yet. [emoji14] yup we're all tool junkies. If you like it here you should check out the live pariscope, raw and uncut makes it pretty cool.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk