Willow grove home depot

n8n82250

I always check the clearance shelves whenever I visit. What annoys me though it's when they've got items in "clearance" that are marked down from $14.95 to $14.73 or some nonsense like that. I've gotten some great deals (Milwaukee M12 Fuel impact driver with 2 batteries for $110), but more often than not, it's an exercise in disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always check the clearance shelves whenever I visit. What annoys me though it's when they've got items in "clearance" that are marked down from $14.95 to $14.73 or some nonsense like that. I've gotten some great deals (Milwaukee M12 Fuel impact driver with 2 batteries for $110), but more often than not, it's an exercise in disappointment.

I don't understand that either. It had to cost more than the 2 or 3 cents they marked it down to print the label.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I walked into our HD one day and they had balloons all over, I asked what are the balloons for?...buddy says oh they put up a huge clearance section near isle 33...well I took off like a shot. as I got closer to the area there were signs hanging "70% off everything" with arrows..... to my disappointment all they had was a $17,000 cherry wood kitchen cupboard set marked down to $6,900....what a joke.....I guess if you wanted the kitchen it was a good deal.......

I'm trying to figure out how long they will something sit on clearance before they knock it down again. They have the Makita 18v X2 circular saw for 148 but it isn't moving so I'm thinking if it hits 99 I'll grab it. I have the 18v brushless Makita, but hey why not get another saw!

I'm trying to figure out how long they will something sit on clearance before they knock it down again. They have the Makita 18v X2 circular saw for 148 but it isn't moving so I'm thinking if it hits 99 I'll grab it. I have the 18v brushless Makita, but hey why not get another saw!

I've been told by HD employees that the way to tell is by the cents in the price. Specifically the cents value for true clearance items it's a number of weeks. If an item is $xx.03, then there's three weeks to go before it disappears. If the cent price is more than 0, that's how many more price cuts it has left on the shelf. So an item with a price of $xx.24 will get a price cut in 4 weeks and it has two more price cuts left before it gets to the mythical $.01 price.

Of course the guy could have been making all of this up, but that's what his story was.

• Like 1

I've been told by HD employees that the way to tell is by the cents in the price. Specifically the cents value for true clearance items it's a number of weeks. If an item is $xx.03, then there's three weeks to go before it disappears. If the cent price is more than 0, that's how many more price cuts it has left on the shelf. So an item with a price of $xx.24 will get a price cut in 4 weeks and it has two more price cuts left before it gets to the mythical $.01 price.

Of course the guy could have been making all of this up, but that's what his story was.

I'll have to keep an eye on it and see. I'll report back and see what I find.

Have you tried taking the Makita x2 circular saw to the self checkout lane to do a quick price check? I ask because all the Home Depot's around me, here in northern Illinois, dropped the price of that song to $58.03 back in March. Needless to say, they sold out of them quick.

Often times Home Depot is slow to update pricing for items that have gone through a previous small markdown. I bought an empire 6 foot level for $17.03, but the yellow sale sticker said it was $63 (it was originally $72.97). I also got a multi meter that was yellow tagged at $97 for only $33.03. It never hurts to check the pricing on items that have at least some sort of yellow tag on them.

Have you tried taking the Makita x2 circular saw to the self checkout lane and price checked it? I ask because all the Home Depot's around me, here in northern Illinois, dropped the price of that song to $58.03 back in March. Needless to say, they sold out of them quick.

I did not think to try that...looks like had better run past HD after work! Since they already have it in clearance I was not sure what it woukd ring up at. It's worth a try.

I did not think to try that...looks like had better run past HD after work! Since they already have it in clearance I was not sure what it woukd ring up at. It's worth a try.

One thing I want to warn you about. If it has been sitting on clearance for a long time, there is a possibility that the price has dropped to a penny. Once it goes to Penny, the stores are supposed to remove it from their inventory and destroy/dispose of the item. If you go to self check out, you can sometimes get the items for a penny without any hassle. However, if you do run into any item they give you trouble, there are a couple ways you can go. One, you can ask for them to sell it to you for the last discounted price they had, which should be $58.03 in this case. Two, you can call a manager over and then get on the phone with corporate customer service.

One thing I want to warn you about. If it has been sitting on clearance for a long time, there is a possibility that the price has dropped to a penny. Once it goes to Penny, the stores are supposed to remove it from their inventory and destroy/dispose of the item. If you go to self check out, you can sometimes get the items for a penny without any hassle. However, if you do run into any item they give you trouble, there are a couple ways you can go. One, you can ask for them to sell it to you for the last discounted price they had, which should be $58.03 in this case. Two, you can call a manager over and then get on the phone with corporate customer service.

This happened to me at Sears once, but not with a tool, and the problem was that it was actually marked 1¢ and the poor kid at the register didn't know what that meant. They had never seen the cent symbol before in a store. It took a manager to help out and make the sale happen.

This happened to me at Sears once, but not with a tool, and the problem was that it was actually marked 1¢ and the poor kid at the register didn't know what that meant. They had never seen the cent symbol before in a store. It took a manager to help out and make the sale happen.

I'm not sure if that is funny or sad.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lamparina
    Newest Member
    lamparina