Total Exchange Challenge....

comp56

So you have invested in a tool platform, got yourself a bunch of bare tools 6 or 7 batteries .........

if confronted would you exchange your entire line for another brand..... tools for tools battery for battery....if so why.......

If I'm invested in a good reliable platform and the tools and in good shape and batteries are holding full charges I don't think I would change. If I had dewalt 18 volt and confronted to go to Milwaukee m18 line. To me that's a no brained. I lost my Dewalt 18 volt tools in hurricane sandy. I wanted to go with the 20volt line to replace what I lost. When I saw Milwaukees m18 and the deal they gave me I couldn't resist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's hard man, I love my dewalt 20v, but I love my Milwaukee 12v. I like the 3 speed hammer drill, I just wish dewalt could have something closer to the fuel impact, that alone I'm considering picking up m18 line on clearance at HD, but I think I'll save my cash. I think the only color I would go is red though, makitas are nice but I don't think I'd switch.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't stick to any one platform to begin with. I have corded tools from Milwaukee, Hilti and Fein, and cordless tools from Milwaukee, Bosch, Fein, Hilti, Metabo and Rockwell (don't ask ;) ). In general, I'd prefer to buy the best tool I can for the job I need to do than to buy into a lineup of tools to minimize chargers and batteries.

• Like 2

I wouldn't stick to any one platform to begin with. I have corded tools from Milwaukee, Hilti and Fein, and cordless tools from Milwaukee, Bosch, Fein, Hilti, Metabo and Rockwell (don't ask ;) ). In general, I'd prefer to buy the best tool I can for the job I need to do than to buy into a lineup of tools to minimize chargers and batteries.

When it comes to a corded tool, I am not loyal to any brand, whatever makes the best for what I need, as for cordless, I use two platforms, tempting to break into a third, but that just my obsession.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm heavily invested in Milwaukee and won't be changing any time soon, but that's a tough question to answer.

I like Dewalt and would give them a hard look. I grew up with Dewalt, but when I began upgrading in 07-08 Dewalt was still pussy footing around afraid to make the jump to Lithium and I wasn't waiting for them to get their ass in gear at some then undetermined point in the future.

I think Bosch has the best build quality of the big 4, but I'd prefer a more robust lineup.

Makita.....well, it would not under any circumstances be Makita. The last time I got on a Makita rant it ended with a high schooling fanboy fight, so I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

I'm pretty happy with my Choice in Milwaukee right now. All the brands have tools and features I would like, but Milwaukee covers the things I do well. Dewalt is a strong contender with the cordless nailers and miter saw. Bosch is a little more meh as they have kinda stalled in putting out more brush less tools and they took awhile to get to market. Makita was stagnant for awhile they are hitting home runs now with solid tools but for a year or 2 it seemed like they were not doing all that much. Actually I wish Fein had more tools after buying their brushless drill that thing is a beast!!

• Like 1

Oh if only I could. I've been dealing with with a hammer drill chuck issue for months. I have two now, and I just swap them in and out of warranty service.

The company is zero help, which I've heard isn't unusual among all the companies though.

At the time I bought, I just wanted to start with the biggest, baddest hammer drill among the more obtainable brands.

Back then reviews and tests had mixed results between two, so I went the slightly cheaper one.

Like Petros and I go for what's best for me. I've got a smattering of everything. I love my Bosch tools, I love my Makitas, I love my Milwaukees and I love my Dewalts. Everybody brings something to the table for me. But hands down. My Festool CXS is the best drill driver I have ever used. I have been using it all night assembling a new cabinet in the shop.

• Like 1

My Festool CXS is the best drill driver I have ever used. I have been using it all night assembling a new cabinet in the shop.

Shocking, Festool Snob. :)

If, IF, I were to change brands, I might go Makita on the 18v stuff. Actually, I already have a Makita 18v drill, so I guess I wouldn't technically be jumping ship. For 12v stuff, I might add Bosch, just for much more compact tools, but I am not giving up my Fuel M12 stuff...

BTW, I went into Woodcraft in PDX the other day (looking at bandsaws), and was while there I was fondling the Festool stuff there. I know for certain I will NEVER get their D-handled driver, my mitts are too big to comfortably fit in the handle area.

I think a week later I finally re-hydrated from all of my drooling...

• Like 1

I struggled with this thought for a long time.. years actually and never ended up doing it.    I bought into the Makita LXT lineup 6 or 7 years ago and at the time they were IMO the best you could by    then like 2012/2013 they really ended up getting pretty long in the tooth and Milwaukee was crushing it..    I ended up sticking with Makita and just pushing through the low and boy am i glad i did because as you all know they are back big time..  

the only last tool i have Milwaukee lust for is the Fuel recip saw.. as soon as Makita releases their long overdue BL recip I will be 100% happy happy :)

I just have way to many tools and batteries to make it worth while  probably like 30 tools and 15 batteries...    I also never likes the idea of having two battery platforms either...   in a shop environment its not really a big deal but on a job site its just too much to keep track of. 

• Like 1