Dewalt 20v 3/8" Impact Wrench

JimboS1ice

I want to add a 3/8" impact to my line up. I have the 1/2" impact the 889 model that I plan on swapping out for the new 899 brushless.

Now the question is, the only 20v 3/8" is the brushed 883 model which I believe is the motor from the 885. It's cheaper to buy a brushless 886 off of eBay than a 883, has anybody had luck swapping the 1/4" hex adapter off for a 3/8" square drive, or should I just be patient and hope that Dewalt comes out with a brushless model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If everything is the same on the brushless impact driver all you need to do is swap out the 1/4 hex with the 3/8 anvil. Here is a link to the part.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/anvil-assy-p-70135.html

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

Jimbo

Update***

Got the impact and the part in and I was able to swap the chucks. Works like a charm, total cost was just around 100 bucks which isn't bad for a brushless impact wrench. I haven't tested it under load yet but there is no play in the chuck, fits like a glove.

Here is pictures of the new Dewalt dcf886b-TIA wrench addition.

75233e3980faf6a880e6c60e8d9106bf.jpg

ee69d608d74a94624bf3ecaa22c49fa5.jpg

bfc65ca40b935c021c354f0f7bba9350.jpg

Jimbo

• Like 3

That is awesome that it worked. I honestly don't know why Dewalt doesn't have brushless versions yet. They have to test the tool out but still its not like they have to have crazy new tooling. Milwaukee has always launched new compact impact wrenches when they released the new Fuel impact driver.

That is awesome that it worked. I honestly don't know why Dewalt doesn't have brushless versions yet. They have to test the tool out but still its not like they have to have crazy new tooling. Milwaukee has always launched new compact impact wrenches when they released the new Fuel impact driver.

It took me maybe 20 minutes total, hardest part was getting the old adapter off, as much as I love Dewalt they frustrate me by taking their time with brushless tools. Makita and Milwaukee have a awesome line up. As for the compacts I have the m12 fuel impact driver and that things no slouch.

Jimbo