Craftsman 19.2 power tools

jdlx277

I can see that they have been discussed.But not very recent.I think I have about 7 of the Craftsman 19.2 drills.Because they have tool sales and getting a drill with a battery was about the same price as a battery.Or they had a combo deal that came with a drill.I also have there Sawsall,1/2 impact,sander,right angle drill,1/4'' impact.I also have several of there old school black batteries and only 3 lithium ion batteries and several chargers.

I recently discovered Milwaukee Fuel M-18 and have there 1/2'' drive friction ring impact.It is a Beast and also there Fuel M-18 1/4'' impact.They are both nice and out perform the Craftsman I have.

Wondering if there would be any advantage to go with a Milwaukee drill over the Craftsman.I have both 3/8 and 1/2 drills.no hammer drills in my set.Or should I just stick with my 7 I have now.

Well that's a really open question to interpretation but I have crud load of battery platforms. Works out for me but if I was a fully time tradie, I'd revisit my choices. Switching lines is expensive but allows you to really explore and replace too.s with others.

Its definitely worth investing in one of the big hitter power tool companies.  My first cordless drill was a craftsman 3/8" Ni-Cad I picked up for around 40 bucks, not a big fan.  A few weeks later I picked up Ryobi kit, it just felt like it was lacking.  Currently I use Dewalt 20v and Milwaukee 12v.  I bought a lot of batteries on eBay, just buyer beware so you don't pick up garbage, but performance on brushless power tools with hi-cap batteries is awesome, you won't feel bad you switched whether its Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita...

If I was looking to switch I would do a little research with Makita, their new line of brushless tools are giving Milwaukee a run for the money, especially with their 2x18v platform.  Go to HD, play with some drills and see what you like.

craftsman power tools have lost their bang......it is getting worse and worse everyday. there was a time when you could go into a sears store and buy almost any tool ......lately they have been shifting and craftsman name is on it's way out........as for the drills you have use them until they give up but I wouldn't invest in any more craftsman......

Not that the Craftsman drills are bad, but the Milwaukee tools are pretty awesome!! Plus the fact you have M18 batteries already you could sell some of the Cman tools and batteries on Craiglist or Ebay and use that money to buy some bare tools from Milwaukee. Buying bare tools can save you a crap load of money :) Its nice having a few extra drill but no one really needs 7 of them :) Even if they eventually died you probably have enough drills for a lifetime.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Driver-Tool-Only-2704-20/206320081

t would only cost you $159 for the bare M18 gen 2 fuel hammer drill which is a beast!! Sell 3 of your old Cman drills and you have a Milwaukee drill with nothing out of pocket. That's what I would do personally, so instead of 7 drills you have 4 I think you could get 40/50 for each drill if they are not too beat up you can get even more if you just sold 2 kits with batteries. It just depends on what you want to do.

Not that the Craftsman drills are bad, but the Milwaukee tools are pretty awesome!! Plus the fact you have M18 batteries already you could sell some of the Cman tools and batteries on Craiglist or Ebay and use that money to buy some bare tools from Milwaukee. Buying bare tools can save you a crap load of money :) Its nice having a few extra drill but no one really needs 7 of them :) Even if they eventually died you probably have enough drills for a lifetime.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Driver-Tool-Only-2704-20/206320081

t would only cost you $159 for the bare M18 gen 2 fuel hammer drill which is a beast!! Sell 3 of your old Cman drills and you have a Milwaukee drill with nothing out of pocket. That's what I would do personally, so instead of 7 drills you have 4 I think you could get 40/50 for each drill if they are not too beat up you can get even more if you just sold 2 kits with batteries. It just depends on what you want to do.

Or pick up that awesome Fein on Toolnut for $169, Ive heard that drill can solve world peace.

You've already experienced the better performance from the Milwaukee tools you already own and the drill will be no diiferent, it will impress plus you have batteries already so the Milwaukee drill tool only would be a good option, then add a battery or two down the road. The suggestion of selling off the craftman is what I'd do, its not a bad tool brand but its no Milwaukee either. 

I will probably in time get a 1/2'' Milwaukee.Since I have several Craftsman power tools I will hang on to them.Unless someone I know is in need of a drill or a loaner.Its good to have about 3 drills anyway.That way you can set them up and do not need to change bits for jobs that require more then one drilling or driving application.