Tell Me Why Not ....

comp56

I like Ridgid tools, but I'm willing to be the weak point of this unit would be the fence. There's a reason dewalt is renowned for it's fence performance. You don't really hear anyone talking about anyone else when it comes to this point. 

I'll put it this way, I had a craftsman that I unknowingly struggled with for years, I used my buddies DW745 for an hour and bought a new dewalt table saw, and literally gave the craftsman away. The difference was that big.

I also prefer open cases for easy cleaning, but keep in mind I'm not in a stable shop, I'm a mobile builder so my attraction to Dewalt definitely goes beyond just the fence. Check the fence in person and test it for weaknesses, if you're satisfied with that I'd say go for it. 

http://www.toolboxbuzz.com/woodworking/ridgid-r4512-table-saw-review/

Here's a good review too with pros and cons. I've been thinking about going with this one for quite a while but I am hoping to get a saw stop at some point when room permits. In the interim my DW745 is doing me well but the big stuff gets trimmed down on the TS

ya thanks I'm looking for a stationary type table saw without spending a huge amount.......then again the table saw I do end up getting will not be used as much as a contractor per say it will only be there for those just in case moments......

ya thanks I'm looking for a stationary type table saw without spending a huge amount.......then again the table saw I do end up getting will not be used as much as a contractor per say it will only be there for those just in case moments......

Then this is the way to go for sure for your needs. Ratings wise this saw is competing well above it's belt in the category from what I've seen for stationary units, and the ones that are comparable that I saw where in the thousands of dollars. 

I have the same saw I like it, haven't had the chance to use it lately but I do like having it around. It worked great for me when I have used it. Just be warned it is a pain to assemble you have to put a lot of stuff together just an FYI.