And I thought 55MPH was fast

comp56

your not kidding, brother has taken us out quite a few times so I suggested I'll pay to fill it up for him......what a mistake....that was .....twin 370hp mercs with bravo III drives with 240 gallon tank WTF? I said what did you have in there fumes?

your not kidding, brother has taken us out quite a few times so I suggested I'll pay to fill it up for him......what a mistake....that was .....twin 370hp mercs with bravo III drives with 240 gallon tank WTF? I said what did you have in there fumes?

Well, that felt like a hot lead enema. 

just under $800 to fill it....thank god I had my wallet and credit card....would have looked real stupid..........I figured couple hundred bucks ...so we get on the open water and I say seeings you got a full tank how long does that last......he laughs and says we got paddles....lol...then he says it can last a weekend or a few hours depending ....crazy crazy .......1.4 mpg when nicely tuned up?....that's nuts......nice boat......but that is insane......he says his buddy has a 37 footer that HE says wouldn't want his fuel bill?.....

Boats or as people that own one say break out another thousand. Actually boating can be somewhat affordable if you get and 18/20 footer with a 4 banger engine. It still costs money but you can get a used boat at an affordable price, and the smaller motors sip fuel compared to the big V8's

• Like 1

Jasonc is absolutely right.  I love my little 17ft checkmate with its merc 6cyl outboard. Itll go 60mph on gps and only costs about $60 to fill with premium and itll last a whole day hot rodding around the river.  Its those big boy inboard v8/s that kill ya.  Outboards the way to go, low maintenance and lower fuel costs.  Just one of those things you have to take care of from day one or else your looking into expensive problems down the road.

Jasonc is absolutely right.  I love my little 17ft checkmate with its merc 6cyl outboard. Itll go 60mph on gps and only costs about $60 to fill with premium and itll last a whole day hot rodding around the river.  Its those big boy inboard v8/s that kill ya.  Outboards the way to go, low maintenance and lower fuel costs.  Just one of those things you have to take care of from day one or else your looking into expensive problems down the road.

*sorry for the double post*