Hilti!!!

Downshftking

I used to use mostly hilti when I worked for a company on site and they supplied the kit and hilti is some of the best industrial kit you can buy ! The diamond core drills are the best and there sds drills and concrete breakers have one of or if not the best hammer action there is !! If I could afford it I would buy hilti and there sds cx drill bits are the best by far there's no comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hilti doesn't sell well at HD because the typical HD customer isn't Hilti's demographic. Most homeowners, DIY guys, and general contractors aren't looking for a Hilti caliber tool. It's the same reason you don't buy a Freightliner to haul your 4 wheeler.

Similar to brands like Proto, Wright, and Williams in the hand tool world, Hilti markets itself primarily to industrial sites, government jobs, and multi-million construction contracts. Not the typical HD shopper.

What Conductor562 said. Also even though Hilti makes great tools, the problem is that they are very expensive. Only the most hard core users would want to pay $419 for a Hilti impact driver when a Ryobi one is fine and only costs $129.

yes I agree I would love the hilti 22v impact but when it's 3 x the price of a bosch of dewalt then I can't justify it but I know it's a great tool

What Conductor562 said. Also even though Hilti makes great tools, the problem is that they are very expensive. Only the most hard core users would want to pay $419 for a Hilti impact driver when a Ryobi one is fine and only costs $129.

Except that for $419 you get the impact with 5.2ah batteries, which would be like 7.0ah Milwaukee batteries if they existed. (Hilti tools are 21.6 volts)

The comparable Hilti impact kit is $329.

The impact sells for $169 tool only. That is hardly 3x more than Dewalt 20v max, Milwaukee fuel or Bosch.

For the extra $20, you get a lifetime warranty. For the first two years you pay nothing, even for wear and tear (which no one else covers).

After the first two years, no matter what you did to the tool, it won't cost more that 30% of the tools value to repair or replace. They guarantee the tool is back in your hand within 5 days.

That's right, that impact will never cost you more than $50 for repair or replacement, for life.

https://www.us.hilti.com/lifetime-service

They are built like tanks and perform like them too!

They are worth the extra cash.

You can also get a full 6 tool set for around $1200 with everything you need.

I got the rotary hammer drill, angle grinder, monster torque drill, circular saw, recip saw, impact driver, light, 3 5.2 ah batteries, charger, 2 bags, SDS bits, grinding/cut off wheels, hex bit set, bit holders, and chuck grease for $1270.

It isn't expensive.

Oh yeah, and Hilti will give you a credit for your old tools when you trade them in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Except that for $419 you get the impact with 5.2ah batteries, which would be like 7.0ah Milwaukee batteries if they existed. (Hilti tools are 21.6 volts)

The comparable Hilti impact kit is $329.

The impact sells for $169 tool only. That is hardly 3x more than Dewalt 20v max, Milwaukee fuel or Bosch.

For the extra $20, you get a lifetime warranty. For the first two years you pay nothing, even for wear and tear (which no one else covers).

After the first two years, no matter what you did to the tool, it won't cost more that 30% of the tools value to repair or replace. They guarantee the tool is back in your hand within 5 days.

That's right, that impact will never cost you more than $50 for repair or replacement, for life.

https://www.us.hilti.com/lifetime-service

They are built like tanks and perform like them too!

They are worth the extra cash.

You can also get a full 6 tool set for around $1200 with everything you need.

I got the rotary hammer drill, angle grinder, monster torque drill, circular saw, recip saw, impact driver, light, 3 5.2 ah batteries, charger, 2 bags, SDS bits, grinding/cut off wheels, hex bit set, bit holders, and chuck grease for $1270.

It isn't expensive.

Oh yeah, and Hilti will give you a credit for your old tools when you trade them in.

im on about in the UK as a bare hilti impact is £225 which is about $400

Hilti is 21.6 (6x 3.6v cells in series) vs Dewalt 20v max 18v (5x 3.6v cells in series). Ya ya, add parallel for capacity, not the point.

Not sure how they can legally market that. I get that the standing voltage may be 20v, but come on! Lol

I have no idea why Hilti wouldn't have taken advantage of their higher voltage tools for marketing.

Better to make the tools fit into an existing category when a project manager is making purchases.  Someone told to purchase certain tools in 36V, 18V, and 12V for a project could easily overlook 21.6V Hilti tools.

Of course if you're marketing to some schmuck wandering through Home Depot, those extra two volts are going to sell your product.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hilti haven't let me down yet, brilliant customer service and great products. Talking with them at a recent tool fair in the UK makes me a bit excited for 2016. Finally they are bringing out a charger radio!!!!! Lol plus the nail gun and larger capacity 22v batteries the states have already gotten

I have been 100% satisfied with every Hilti tool I have purchased, including my new service set, the 12v series. The customer service is unreal. They throw in bits, they give me great deals too. I am always amazed at the tools they take back for warranty. Beat up, broken and barely recognizable, they still fix or replace them.

• 2 months later...

Another issue with Hilti is that their tool selection is limited. They only have the basic 5 (drill, circular saw, recip. saw, impact driver and flashlight) and a few other things. They lack the wide selection of tools (most notably nailers) that many other companies have. Most other brands have much more than that.