Forum changes?

Conductor562

Looks good! I also use the forum via the 'new content' button comp56. It's awesome to filter by threads I participated in or started. My TIA bookmark goes straight to 'new content'.

Do we still need to separate Power Tools & Power Tools By Manufacturer? Couldn't there just be an optional tag for manufacturers?

Thanks Conductor!

• Like 1

We talked about merging the manufacturer and general power tool sections. I had in my mind I was going to do it, but by the time we cleaned everything else up I started having second thoughts about it.

We may do it, I just want to see how this goes

Looks good! I also use the forum via the 'new content' button comp56. It's awesome to filter by threads I participated in or started. My TIA bookmark goes straight to 'new content'.

Do we still need to separate Power Tools & Power Tools By Manufacturer? Couldn't there just be an optional tag for manufacturers?

Thanks Conductor!

I agree with that, I honestly don't even click on that section to read because it's separated by brand. It could just be us though because I imagine that some like that all *such and such* brand content is in one place.

Consolidation was a great idea. I agree that there were too many sub forums and you could easily get lost and quickly get discouraged if you were looking for something.

Typically when I visit the forum every day, I tend to click the new content button which is great for seeing what's new. The only problem I have with it is that the results are based on the last time you hit the button versus a static time line of new posts in 24-72 hours.

What I mean by that is. If I visit the site and hit the new content button, I will see everything from the previous day. If I click on a thread and read it or make a post and then lick on new content again, The query will not bring back the thread that you just participated on. Since the logic already determined that you already read it, it's no longer new. Until someone else makes a post, it will not be displayed as new content.

The results of it can be difficult to work with. If you wanted to revisit that post, you would need to go look at your posting history and figure out where it was.

That's my only gripe, everything else looks great. :)