Snow Blowers

Good Day Crew!

After watching Dan's Periscope, I would like some opinions on a snow blower.  I only have a small driveway, and a short walkway so I don't think I need a gas powered model.  I would like a battery powered model, however since the area is so small, I wouldn't mind if it's corded.  I would like to keep it under $400. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially models to avoid. 

-Steven

I have the GreenWorks 80v cordless that works pretty good for light to medium snow falls. I think The SnowJoe Cordless might be the better cordless snow blower at the moment now I was really impressed with the review they did on it last year and this years model is a Hybrid so you can do ac or battery power.

• Like 1

I have the GreenWorks 80v cordless that works pretty good for light to medium snow falls. I think The SnowJoe Cordless might be the better cordless snow blower at the moment now I was really impressed with the review they did on it last year and this years model is a Hybrid so you can do ac or battery power.

Awesome!  We don't get to much snow here in a "normal" season. Would you happen to know the model of the hybrid?  I will also try and see if I can find it.

I bought the Snow Joe ion Pro which is the bigger 21" wide version with a 5amp battery. It's brushless too. I have a narrow 75ft drivewaya and a few short walkways and last season it was great. Small, lightweight and good to probably 9 inches and up to a foot depending. It's not as powerful as gas ones but it makes up for it in ease of use, no gas and no starting troubles and it's so light you can easily move it around in tight spots. It's super quiet too so my strategy was to not let the snow get too deep and blow during the storm before it got too deep and go back again later to finish. It's quiet enough you can use it at night and it even has a headlight which works pretty well. It lists for $499 but Amazon has it for $447 prime and sometimes cheaper I think. It's not that much more than the the more common 18" model but it comes with a 5 amp vs 4 amp battery a wider 21" vs 18" intake and longer runtime even though it's got a more powerful motor. Considering the batteries alone are like $150 on these things the longer 65min runtime vs 50 prob means you can get away with the pro model with one battery compared to the smaller one where you might want another battery to finish a job in one session. Their new hybrid model does look cool though, I personally don't love extension cords in the snow but if that's not a problem it seems like a decent idea.

Also worth mentioning is the electric snow thrower chute controlled by a joystick on the handlebars always makes me smile when I use it for some reason ;)

• Like 1