What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Is it an automatic or manual. Their automatics are essentially an automated manual and do contain synchros 

I thought that they only had those early on in like the CB7 or earlier automatics? Well I guess you don't know how old my car is. It's a 95 with almost 310k miles on it. IIRC correctly Honda even marketed their automatics just as something along the lines of automatic clutching transmissions or something along those lines and you still had to manually shift, just no clutch was involved. Yes it's a manual. I refuse to drive an automatic Honda. Their trannies are atrocious at best. I'll probably either junk the whole car as it is getting worn, or swap in a junkyard motor and tranny in for next to nothing, rebuild the originals, and then toss them in when the junkyard parts go out.

• Like 1

One of my classmates has a mid 2000s accord and it has the synchronized auto in it.

Huh, I learn something new everyday I guess. I really should have known that.

Moral of the story: No one ever listen to my advice, no matter how much I think I know what I'm talking about. Because I really don't.

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

Stopped in a random pawn shop for the hell of it. Dig around and find a bunch of new in packaging Dremel bits and flex shaft attachment. The only used bits are the lower left and only two of those are used, though I am missing a couple from one of the collet packs. Everything in this pic cost $20

tbcBi47.jpg

You stole all of that BMack. The flex shaft alone is $30 isn't it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NicholasShetley said:

You stole all of that BMack. The flex shaft alone is $30 isn't it.

Cheapest I could find was $25 on Amazon. Was literally looking at them yesterday after Jimbo's video! I calculated about $200 worth of stuff in a free metal box. Even just the diamond wheel on the bottom left is $18!

So check your local pawn shops guys!

• Like 2

On 3/10/2016 at 0:11 AM, BMack37 said:

Cheapest I could find was $25 on Amazon. Was literally looking at them yesterday after Jimbo's video! I calculated about $200 worth of stuff in a free metal box. Even just the diamond wheel on the bottom left is $18!

So check your local pawn shops guys!

Our pawn shop is a complete joke. They have higher prices then some new items on ebay. I stopped in there the other day and they had a new Dewalt drill/impact set that was 15% less than Lowes. Great find for you though.

30 minutes ago, Dano123 said:

Our pawn shop is a complete joke. They have higher prices then some new items on ebay. I stopped in there the other day and they had a new Dewalt drill/impact set that was 15% less than Lowes. Great find for you though.

Pretty similar on the cordless power tools at nearly all pawn shops in the area. We have a ton of pawn shops so with that many you're bound to find something good, guess it's a big benefit being in a good sized city. There's a couple of tools that I'm interested at another one but the blonde girl wasn't working when I stopped in, she normally gives me the best price she can after a little flirting. The guys there say that they can't budge with the prices, jerks.

• Like 1

That's just crazy to me, I've always lived in a largely populated area, so I'm used to seeing pawn shops all over the place. There are a lot of blocks where there are 2-3 pawn shops. The Tampa Bay area has about 5 million residents so it makes sense for there to be 100+ pawn shops.